iii. more vodka, please

"i think you should take me back," harlow said to her brother while staring out at the road in front of them.

elton and harlow had spent the last two hours driving around buying random shit for his friends, who were completely unprepared although they apparently threw parties all the time. now, they were parked on the road in front of his friends' house, where elton was trying to convince his sister to come inside.

"nice try, part of this deal was you actually have to attend the party before you leave." elton laughed, turning the key and pulling it out of the ignition. "we're just gonna drop off their shit for tonight, and then go get some food."

"but like, just us two for supper right?" harlow asked, even though she already knew she was going to be wrong.

"if they want to come they can come," elton shrugged, turning around in his seat and grabbing the bags from the back. "they're not murderer's or anything,"

"fine," harlow whined like a child, crossing her arms. "you suck," she added, opening her door and stepping out onto the street.

elton laughed, "on the contrary, i'm kind of a kick-ass brother. i'm basically giving you my friends," harlow rolled her eyes, grabbing the remaining shopping bags from the back of the vehicle. "just follow me," elton yelled over his shoulder as he walked towards the huge home.

harlow trudged along behind him, waiting as he unlocked the gate. i guess if you post your life online you need the barriers, she thought. she internally sighed, already nervous to meet his friends. it's obviously different around elton because he's harlow's brother and he kind of has to tolerate harlow, but these other influencers don't have to.

here goes nothing, she thought as elton opened up the gate and walked through. she really should be thankful that elton wants her to meet his friends. she just needs to be her normal self, no nerves or awkwardness. yikes.

harlow couldn't help but stare in awe at the house she was about to enter. she has only been to elton's new house, which is significantly smaller than what stood before her. how the hell can they afford a place this size?

elton didn't even knock on the door, he just barged in as if he still lived there. as soon as harlow stepped inside the house a thought struck her, was i even invited here? she became extremely uncomfortable, not wanting to be an unwelcome visitor.

elton set the bags down in the long hallway, peeking his head into the large, open room to harlow's right. "hellooo?" elton shouted, walking down the hallway.

"it's uncle elton!" a voice shouted, followed by different voices celebrating. elton started off to the direction of the voices, gesturing for his sister to follow him. during the short walk from the front door to the kitchen, harlow noticed how bare the house was. there was a small table in the kitchen with a few chairs placed around it, and across the hall from the kitchen, there was a room with a couch and some random objects.

elton stopped at the doorway of the room where three boys sat. there was a boy wearing a black shirt and black jeans with faded colored hair sitting on one of the two couches. on the other couch, there was a boy who was wearing a hoodie and a gucci headband and another boy who was wearing a floral shirt and had dirty blonde hair. the boy in the floral shirt was playing fortnite, and the other two were scrolling on their phones.

harlow stood silently, hoping elton would introduce her to the boys. just as the boy with the faded colored hair looked up at the two siblings, elton decided to introduce his younger sister.

"this is my sister, harlow," elton said as he made his way over to the couch that was occupied by the one boy. "h, this is jake," he gestured to the boy he was sitting beside with the colored hair. "and this is aaron and corey," aaron was the one playing the video game, and corey was the one sitting beside him.