𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬

Rose's Pov

Six months later...

Everything had changed since six months ago. I honestly couldn't believe it. For one, Audrey and Ben had broken up. So it was goodbye to Bennyboo's and rude comments. I loved it. Especially when I saw how happy Ben was with Mal. He had a light in his eyes that I never have seen before. This caused me to grow close to the VK's. Unlike the other Auradon Prep students, I wasn't scared of them when they first arrived. Evie and I were practically inseparable despite being complete opposites, and I even had some great memories with Mal.

Carlos and I offended hung out so I could teach him some tricks with Dude and even some advice on how to talk to girls. The only difference was the tension between Jay and I. It was hard to explain, and not even I could put my finger on it. He made me so damn nervous, and I always got butterflies in my stomach when his brown eyes met mine. I felt like every other girl in Auradon, and it annoyed me. I chose to ignore it, but each time it flew out the window when he entered a room. 

It didn't matter now. I shook my head from the thought walking the halls of Auradon looking for Ben since I had to deliver some news from Lumiere and mail from Evie. Cotillion was coming up, and I hated every minute of it. I wasn't too fond of the idea of getting dressed up and finding a date, but I dealt with it for Mal, Ben, and Evie. They were my closest friends, and I would do anything for them, even if it was putting on a stupid dress and acting like a girl for a day. I knocked on his door and walked in, seeing Ben was working on some paperwork.

" Rose, hey."

" Hey, Ben." I answered with a smile and closed the door." I have some news from Lumiere. He says whenever you need him, make a meeting to discuss some things for cotillion, and Evie wants to know what size you want your suit to be."

" The same size she did for when we went to meet Aladdin and Jasmine."

" Okay," I said, writing it down before going to the door.

" Hey!" Ben called out before I could leave." How have you been? I miss my best friend. I feel like I haven't seen you in years."

 It was true what Ben had said. Ever since he became king, I feel like he never had time with me anymore. I missed hanging out with him and pulling little pranks around the kingdom. 

He lightly even whispered." I forgot you grew out your hair."

I could hear the sadness in his voice and smiled to cheer him up." I'm okay, Ben. You're a King now with King duties. As for me, I'm just swamped with some cotillion things."

" I bet. Being Evie's helper must be tough."

" The only thing tough about it is the princesses we help." I said, hearing Ben laugh." Geez, they can be bratty and picky." 

" Okay, tell Evie I said hello."

" You got it," I said with a smile leaving.

I really did miss hanging out with Ben. With our parents being very close, I practically grew up with him. The saying since the sandbox actually made sense with us. I always prepared myself for the time Ben would no longer have time for me, but I didn't think it would happen so soon. Turning the corner, I gulped seeing Jay leaning against Evie's door frame waiting for something. Taking another deep breath, I smiled passing right by him.