"What the fuck Cali" Monique spat with a confused look. "You told me you got robbed and then you dodge all my texts and Facetime calls and you won't speak to me"

"Its yo fucking fault!"

"My fault?" Monique questioned.

"Yes bitch your fault" I shot back, throwing the covers off of me.

I stood up in my purple Love Pink shorts and my cropped UCLA t-shirt that showed my diamond belly ring. I placed my hand on my hip as I stared at Monique, who looked up at me with her Hazel green eyes that were piercing through my soul right now.

"If you didn't leave me to go home by myself then maybe I wouldn't have gotten robbed. How could you ask me to come somewhere with you and then leave me to go home by myself in a fucking neighborhood that I have no clue about? I'm a hills girl bitch!"

"Cali" Monique softly spoke. "That was not my intention and I was wrong for leaving you by yourself to go home. I am so sorry and I mean that. I really do"

I walked over to my bedroom door, pulling it open.

"I stayed home for a reason and I haven't been talking to you for a reason. I need my space and I need my time"

Monique licked her lips before standing up and adjusting her beige MCM backpack on her shoulder before shaking her head and walking towards my room door.

My eyes followed her every step as she looked down at my carpeted floor before she looked up and her eyes met mine.

"Cali...I'm sorry," she said, before exiting my room.

I twisted my lips up and closed my bedroom door before laying down and sighing.  I know Monique is sorry but I need time to myself to forgive her. 

It's her fault I got robbed and that's something  I'm going to have to go through on my own time.

-------

"Cali!"

my eyes fluttered as I thought I was in a dream hearing my mom shout my name.

"CALI!" her shouting got louder in my dream, causing me to groan and open my eyes.

The hazy view showed a silhouette standing by my bed. I sat up, squeezing my eyes tightly to gain focus to only see my mom standing there with her hands on her curvy hips. 

Her eyes widened as she stared at me with her chestnut brown eyes.

"Ma?" I said with a groggy voice, squinting. 

"What the hell did you do all day?"

"I didn't do anything today ma"

"My point exactly," she said, pointing her finger at me with her pink stiletto nail. "You've been home all day, ya father and I let you stay home from school and you couldn't do ya damn chores?"

I sighed as I watched my mom turn around and walk towards my bedroom door, snatching the door open.

"Get up and come do these dishes so I can start cooking dinner. Now"