Chapter 53

"A chance to be with someone that I love."

Louis couldn't be hearing this right. Was Harry really saying what Louis thought he was saying? Louis stood up from the wall and took a shocked step forward.

"This school gave me so many good things. But it only gave me one really great thing. This school helped me find the love of my life. I've waited so long for someone that could possible see past all the stuff that's wrong in my life and see me for who I hope to be one day. A good man. A man that is able to love, truely, passionately, and forever."

Louis wasn't walking on his own accord. His body was propelling him towards those words he'd long to hear.

"I've never been able to accept who I really am. I've always had such strict rules and expectations for my life. But now, none of that matters. I chose to defy expectations in favor of the chance to love and be loved in return."

He walked closer, passing the last row of tables now.

"I chose to love someone that deserves so much better than me. Someone that is beautiful, and forgiving, and strong, and brave. All of the things I long to be."

Louis was still passing tables, about halway to the front now.

Harry's eyes were fogging with emotion and unshed tears as he looked out towards his fellow students, confusion covering their faces. He looked from right to left, taking in the calm before the storm. He stopped halfway, seeing the glowing blue eyes he'd learned to know so well.

Louis was here. Louis was walking towards him.

Harry grabbed the mic from the podium and walked down the front steps and stood on the floor in front of the stage.

"I just wish that I could show them how I feel."

"Show her, then!" someone shouted from the darkness.

Harry laughed into the mic. "I would, but I don't want to show her."

The silence were defeaning as Louis finally made it to the front and stood in front of Harry.

"I want to show him," Harry said and dropped the mic behind him on the stage without looking away and pulled Louis into a passionate, longing kiss.

The entire audience sounded a gasp at the same time.

Louis wrapped his arms around Harry and pulled him down to deepen the kiss. Harry went willingly and wrapped his arms around Louis' waist. They pushed and pulled, and fought against and with each other, until someone grabbed Louis by the shoulder and pulled them apart.

Louis turned around, dazed and swaying, to see the Dean, red-faced and breathing fire.

"Get out," he said low but with force.

"No," Harry said just a strong, but a little louder.

"You too, Harry. Both of you, leave my university. Now."

Everyone was watching but not saying a single word, mouths open and eyebrows shot up.

Harry was going to say something angry back, but Louis put a hand to his cheek and shook his head.

"Let's go," he whispered.

Harry opened his mouth to protest that they had just as much right to be here as anyone, but Louis' watery smile shut him up. Harry kissed Louis' forehead and allowed Louis to take his hand. They gave a last grazing look over the crowd before walking, hand in hand, down the middle of the room and out the large, wooden doors.