🍓 - Detention

Y/N's P.O.V

  I giggle quietly to myself as I enter the hell hole the teachers like to call detention. In my defense I barely did anything, I defended another kid who wasn't doing anything wrong. Apparently, that's unacceptable. I sigh as I plop my bag on the floor and take a seat in one of the desks along the wall near the windows. If I was gonna waste an hour of my life might as well enjoy the view. I rest my head on my folded arm and tap lightly on the desk, staring out the window. This was a complete waste of my time and it was probably gonna make me late for my shift. WooHoo, I get to deal with an annoying teacher and a pissy boss.  I let out another big sigh, causing the teacher to look up. "Is there somewhere else you need to be, Y/N?" He asks.

  "Uh, Yeah. There is." I say, uninterested in the lecture I'm about to receive.

  "Oh? And where is that exactly?" He gives me a quizzical look. I don't need your snark Mr. Dentention.

  "Literally anywhere else," I respond flatly, earning a glare from the teacher and a ripple of small laughs from the other students. I smile slyly.

  "No one asked for your attitude." He responded realizing lecturing me wouldn't help at all. He goes back to his tasks just as C/N walks in. I look up and him slightly confused before he shakes his head, saying he didn't want to go into it. I nodded and went back to resting my head in my arms.

An hour passes and Mr. No one cares stands up and begins to lecture the remaining students but can barely finish a sentence before we all scramble out the door. I smile as I walk out behind C/N, him and I were friends but barely had any classes together. Sad. I tap his shoulder, causing him to turn around and nod at me. "Sooo, are you gonna tell me what you did?" He smiles.

  "It's actually really stupid and I don't know why they gave me detention for it."

  "That doesn't tell me what you did." I smile as I look at him for a second before refocusing on not walking into a wall.

  "I haven't returned my library books, for 3 months." He smiles awkwardly. I do my best to contain my laughter, earning a small shoulder nudge from him. "Hey! In my defence, they aren't even good books." I start laughing.

  "Wow. Good job. I'm honestly not surprised." I say flashing him a grin. He shakes his head at me with an even bigger grin on his face. He has a very nice face, in case you were wondering.

  "What are you looking at?" He asks, still smiling.

  "Not you, that's for sure, I'd go blind or even worse, have nightmares if I looked at you for too long." I smile innocently as I walk out the front doors and head to the bus stop. I guess I could just not go to work today, it's not like they'll miss me. He mocks offense as he follows behind me.

  "My feelings are wounded." He says, exaggerating a sigh. I roll my eyes as he leans on the glass next to me. "You're such a bully, no wonder you were in DT." I open my mouth to retort but only end up laughing. "See, you can't even come up with an excuse, tsk tsk." He shakes his head at me.

"Oh, whatever. Drama Queen." I say with a smile as the bus rolls up. I pull out my bus pass and wait for everyone else to get one. I refuse to be pushed and shoved. We all get there at the same time anyways. As I attempt to step up onto the bus I stumble forward, only to be choked by my jacket. C/N reached out and gripped the back of my jacket and then pulled me back upwards. I cough a few times then look back and smile before getting on the bus and taking a seat. C/N sits next to me and asks if I was okay. I nodded in response and got caught staring at him again.

  "For someone who called me ugly earlier, you sure look at me a lot." He raises an eyebrow. I roll my eyes and scoff.

  "Don't flatter yourself, and for the record, I didn't call you ugly, per se." I smile. All I get in response is an Mhmm and a laugh. The drive was normal until we got to C/N's stop. "Okay, see you tomo-" I get cut of by a pair of lips gently landing on mine before I see him rush off the bus and wave to me.

"What just happened," I mumble with a smile.