🍓 - Our First Dog

Y/N's P.O.V

I woke up earlier than C/N which is very strange so I decided to turn off his alarm and attempt to let him sleep a bit longer than usual. Today was special because today was the day C/N and I adopt a dog. We have each wanted one for so long since we both love them probably more than we love people. I began making breakfast for me and him, I wasn't the best cook but I could easily make scrambled eggs and toast. I may have burnt the toast a bit but take a butter knife and scrape off the burnt part, good as new. I was dishing our plates when my thumb grazed the frying pan "Ow! That was rude, Mr. piece of shit frying pan." I scolded the inanimate object. As I rinsed the now empty frying pan I figured I should go wake up C/N, I walked down the hall to our bedroom to see him missing. I scanned the room quietly, I was about to check our master bath when I heard the toilet flush. I knocked on the door "Hurry up! I made breakfast." I smiled to myself before hearing his snarky response.

"Oh No! should I get 911 on standby?"  I sensed his grin from here. I huffed as I smiled,

"I'll be in the kitchen, you weirdo." I left the room and sat at the kitchen table before turning on the Sunday morning KidsTV network. Yes, we are grown adults that watch classic kids shows in the morning. He entered the room scanning it carefully before sitting down. "I didn't set anything on fire, chill out." I laughed.

"Just checking." He replied, grinning. I rolled my eyes playfully and pointed to his food,

"Try it." He obliged and ate a fork full of my scrambled eggs. He smiled at me and showed two thumbs up with his mouth still full. I laughed and smiled sweetly at him. After we had finished eating and cleaned up we relaxed on the couch watching The Bugs Bunny and Tweety show. "What kind of dog do you want to get?" I asked as he rested his head on my lap.

"Whatever one you want, I don't have a preference, I love them all. Except for the yappy ones." He laughed. I giggled quietly, still slightly tired.

"I want a (Insert dog breed)." He smiled,

"Alright, let's go look for one." He sat up and went to our room to get dressed. I didn't bother and threw on a baggy sweater over my pajamas. We hopped in the car, him in the drivers,  me in the passengers. We went to our local animal shelter (Adopt don't shop), in look for a (Insert dog breed). Even if we didn't find the specific one we were looking for I wouldn't care, dogs are a human's best friend, if you ask me. As we reached the shelter, it began to rain, we started laughing as we hurried to get inside. We smiled at each other as we walked to the front desk. "Hey, we were wondering if we were able to pick a few dogs to play around with, outside of their cages?" C/N asked as I had wandered off and began playing with the kitten in the cage next to the front desk.

"Of course! We only allow a maximum of 5 out at once though." She smiled as she got up from her desk getting the keys and motioning for us to follow.

"Y/N, come on." C/N said as he spilled his hand into mine, squeezing it once. I smiled as we walked into the kennel. I was so excited to meet these wonderful puppers, I love animals so much. We were walking slowly looking at the of the dogs, I felt somewhat bad because only one of them would be given a home today. I tugged lightly at his hand, kinda like a child would when they want their's parents attention.

"Do you think we could get two instead? I feel bad..." I confessed as I gave him a sad smile. He nodded, he gently rubbed his thumb over my fingers in an effort to comfort me,

"Of course, we'll make it happen, don't worry." I nodded as we stopped in front of a beautiful husky, her profile says that she was a year old, loved squeaky toys, and was good around Children which was good since, we have talked about having kids at some point when we were ready. I looked at him with an excited expression on my face. "This one please." He said to the lady, She nodded happily as she grabbed a leash and took out the husky, causing her to wag her tail excitedly and jump up at us.

"Hi girl! How are ya?" I asked in a higher pitched voice as I ruffled her fur. We had picked our five dogs to play within the indoor grassy area they had. Our choices were the beautiful light grey and white husky, a smaller brown and white Shih Tzu, a poodle-lab mix, a great Dane crossed with a German shepherd, and of course, a Pomeranian crossed with a corgi. All these dog were so gorgeous. We played with them for about 2 hours before we were told to pick our dogs to take home. I was so upset that we could only get two because I know that it would be difficult to take all of them home and we definitely didn't have the room for all 5 of them. After talking long and hard we decided to get both dogs the same size-ish the poodle Lab was kinda in the middle. We both knew we had to get the husky so that means we weren't getting the Porgi or Shih Tzu. Even though they weren't adopted they both looked much happier.  I looked at all three dogs and I wanted to tell one of them I was sorry but oh my gosh, their faces. I shook my head knowing we couldn't get all three, I looked and C/N suggesting he pick his favorite since I picked mine. He smiled and understood how hard it was for me. He pets the poodle-lab mix,

"Ready to go home?" I smiled and gave the Great Dane cross a kiss on the top of their head.

"Bye, buddy." I waved as it was taken back to its cage while we began walking towards the front desk so we could sign the adoption papers. On the way home, we started discussing names for the dogs. "How about Minnie? for the husky?" I suggested as C/N gave me a weird look. I laughed, "It's cute!" He smiled,

"Curly? for the poodle." I gave him a Really look. "What? It's simple!" He exclaimed, laughing slightly.

"How about this, we both name one of them even if the other doesn't like the name." I propose, he nods. In sync we both say the names we chose for the dogs in the first place. We both start laughing which causes the dogs to get excited. Wagging their tails, and of course, Minnie starts barking, making Curly bark as well. "Shush Shush! You loud doggos." I smiled, sighing.

Later that night when we had set everything up for the dogs, I had C/N watch the dogs while I got to the pet store to buy supplies. We got all the things we needed, big cages for when we leave so they don't mess up the house, food dishes, and beds for inside those cages. Since Minnie's profile said she liked squeaky toys, I got two of those and a tug of war rope. When I squeaked the toy for the first time, Minnie who had just been chilling on the couch with C/N came bounding, hopping over C/N and the couch in the process. "Want the toy?" I asked, getting a loud bark in return. "Go get the toy!" I said as I threw the toy outside so she wouldn't break anything. Minnie was quite clumsy and stumbled when she reached the grass since she had literally jumped down the deck stairs. There was only four so it wasn't high nor did she get hurt but it was funny since Curly who had been sunbathing on the said deck, startled when Minnie ran outside. As the dogs played outside I slouched on the couch with C/N, yawning.

"Tired?" he asked, rubbing my side.

"A little." I answered closing my eyes. He patted me, making me open my eyes. "Hmm?" I watched him stand up,

"Let's go play with the dogs to wear them out and then we can all have dinner and go to sleep?" I smiled as I hoisted myself up and walked outside. C/N picked up a tennis ball and waved it around, "Who wants the ball? Who wants it?" He laughed at the dogs as the began barking. When he threw it the dogs ran straight to it, Curly prevailing. I laughed as I watched.

"Hey C/N!" I called.

"What?" He called back, I bright smile on his face.

"I love you!" He smiled as he ran up to me picking me up and spinning once.

"Don't drop me!" I squealed happily. He set me down giving me a tender kiss,

"Love you to-" He was about to finish when we were attacked by two very happy dogs, causing us to fall over. I loved every second of it, and I know that I would love every second to come.