🥀 - Be Happy

Y/N's P.O.V

For the past few days, C/N has been acting a little strange, I haven't mentioned anything yet because he'd probably immediately change his attitude if he knew I could tell something was bothering him. He means a lot to me and I just wanted him to be okay, to be happy. I decided I would ask him to come over for a bit so I could ask him. Normally I'd ask him over text but I wanted to see how he reacted to the question. I would do almost anything for his happiness. I knew he wasn't much of a talker but every once in a while he'd open up and tell me what was wrong or what was bothering him. I'm not all the great when someone starts crying but I like to think I'm decent when someone is just genuinely upset.

After the last bell rang signalling the end of the day and the beginning over winter break, I stopped by my locker to grab my coat and saw him walking down the stairs. I quickly grabbed my coat and closed my locker. I speed walked over to the stairs and by the time I got down he was just walking out the side doors. "C/N!" I called. With that he pulled out one of his earbuds and looked behind him, once his eyes landed on me he smiled. "Oh. Hey, Y/N." I caught up to him and we began our walk home, we both lived an okay distance from the school. We walked in silence for a while, not an awkward silence but a peaceful one. After we walked quietly for about a block I decided to speak up, I gently tapped his arm. He looked over at me, "What?" I smile slightly, "Can you come over later? I need help with this stupid assignment my math teacher assigned us for over the break." He laughed then shook his head, "I hate when teachers do that, Yeah I can come over to help you." I nodded and we continued our way home.

Once we reached his place we said goodbye and I continued my way home which was only maybe a block and a half from his place. I got home and shed my coat, hanging it on the coat rack behind the door. I told my parents that C/N would be coming over after Dinner. They both just said Okay and then I went up to my room. I changed into my pyjama's I didn't really care if C/N saw me in them, I just like being comfortable and sitting in skinny jeans is not comfortable. I decided to watch an episode of my show on Netflix, do a bit of reading. The more bored I got the weirder my position became, I finally got feed up when I was hanging my head off the bed. Just as I sat up my mom called me for dinner.

Afterwards, I called C/N letting him know he could come over now. About 10 minutes later the doorbell rang. "I got it!" I called out to my parents who didn't even flinch when it rang. I got to the door, unlocking it and opening to see C/N's messy hair from the harsh wind. I laugh about to tell him to come inside but I'm got off by a yell, "Y/N! Close that door!" I look over at C/N stifling a laugh, I glare playfully and pull him inside, closing the door behind him. "We're going upstairs now!" I call out, dragging C/N upstairs before they had a chance to be all parent-y. I cleaned up my room the day before, thank god, that would have been embarrassing. We stand there for a while as I watch him look around my room. When he's finished he looks at me with a smirk. I raise an eyebrow, "What?" I ask, folding my arms across my chest. "Did you clean your room for me?" He says with a big egotistical grin. I laugh, "Don't flatter yourself, sir." He laughs with me. "Alright, so what's this project you were complaining about?" I tense up and smile nervously, "Heh, uuuuuuh it doesn't exist?" I shrug. He looks at me confused. "Wait so why am I here?" I take a deep breath, "Can we sit down?" He nodded with an even more confused look.

After a few minutes of beating around the bush I finally blurt it out, "Are you okay? Is something bothering you at all?" When he looks at me his face is completely unreadable, which is saying something because I can usually read him like a book. "C/N?" He sighs loudly, standing up. "You lied to me so I'd come to your house, so you could ask how I was?" I wince, he doesn't sound very happy, "Yes... I just want to know how you're feeling and sue me if I wanted to make it a little more personal because we both know you wouldn't say anything if we were at school." When I finish I notice I stood up as well. He looks at me as if I grew another head. "What does it matter? It's not a big deal." I frown, "It's a big deal to me." His face is still completely blank other than the obvious anger on his face, I just don't understand why he'd be so angry about a little white lie for something good. I just want him to be happy. "You don't need to worry about it, it's nothing." I immediately retaliate, "That's a load of crap." He takes a step closer to me. "Oh? Okay, then please tell me what is wrong with me." I sigh and lightly brush the back of my hand against his arm before wrapping them around myself, "I don't know what's wrong because you won't tell me." He scoffs, "Then take the hint, I don't want to talk about it. It'll go away anyways. It was just a long day. Alright?" He turns and goes for the door, with a fast reflex I grab his wrist. "Okay, I'm sorry if I crossed any lines . . . " I pull him closer to me. "I just want you to be happy . . ." He gives me a small smile, tucking some hair behind my ear. I slowly wrap my arms around his neck resting my head on his shoulder, facing his neck. He wraps his arms around my waist and upper back, keeping me as close as possible.

For a long time, we just stood silently, soaking in each other's presence. He leans his head down a bit and speaks quietly, "You'll be the first one I talk to, Okay?" I don't respond I just give him a small nod when we pull back as if by instinct our lips come together. The kiss isn't frantic or rushed, only slow and passionate. When we pull away for air I put my face into the crook of his neck, "I just want you to be happy . . ." I repeat myself but not really for him, more for me as a reminder. He moves in a way that signals me to look at him,

"You are my happiness, Y/N."

YEET YEET How was that one? It actually took me all day because I keep getting up and falling asleep and all that jazz so Yeah. Hope you enjoyed!

EDIT: Imma just put in a little shameless promo. Please check out my other book Emerald Kingdom, I like the plot but I want other's opinions. Only if you want to! Thankssssss