"That's because you're busy staring at Book, Levy," he giggled at my dumbfounded face. Wow, this is getting creepy. 

"Okay, Sherlock, get out of my head now!" I laughed and tickled his sides, making him toppled with laughter. Once our laughter had subsided, I decided to test the waters. "Wouldn't you mind if I'm dating Brooke though?" 

Teddy meant the world to me. If he hated the idea of me liking girls... 

Needless to say, the rejection would have hit me hard. Real hard.

He tilted his head, his soft eyes staring at me quizzically. "Why does it matter? Girls can love each other; as well as boys too! I saw two women getting married on the television the other day and they look so happy together, Levy." He gushed animatedly, his face beaming with excitement.  

I touched his small button nose. "I'm sure they do, buddy. So...you don't mind me liking girls?" I was puzzled. I had half expected Teddy to be a little angsty at least, at my not-so-subtle revelation.

"Is that a big problem? I think it's really sweet and cool!" He flashed me a brilliant smile. My heart swelled at the sight of my baby brother and his tremendous support. This kiddo has got to be the best little brother ever. Wordlessly, I hugged him tight, letting his body warmth to spread through mine almost soothingly. Teddy was confused by my action, but was happy to hug me back nevertheless. A sudden ping interrupted our little moment. Teddy squirmed out of my arms and dove for my phone which was placed on my nightstand. 

"Book!!!" He gasped excitedly. "She said yes! Does that mean you're getting married now?!" 

I could feel myself breaking into a crazy grin- something that I had forgotten how to do. "Nope. But we're going on a date." 

***************************************************

I remained silent as I waited for Miss Linda to comment on my most recent art work. She had been scrutinizing at my watercolor work for almost five minutes now. The curious gazes behind me were beginning to burn my back; and her lack of response wasn't exactly helping the situation. I was about to inform her that her eyebrows were close to disappearing up into her hairline soon when she opened her mouth. 

"Levi." 

"Yes?" 

"Did something major happened in your life?" 

To say I was miffed was an understatement. "What?" I didn't even bother hiding my confusion. 

She spread a hand up and down my work. "You've been under my care for three years ever since you took art as an additional subject, dear. Of course, you're unquestionably gifted. But never once did you take my advice on changing your style on your assignments. So why now?"

I knew what she said was true. I had been exceptionally hellbent on making hues of blue and black and brown and white as my representative colors. I love the color blue best. There was something just so soothingly calming and beautifully depressing about it. I loved the color so much that I had made it a permanent spot on my palette- including dyeing my hair to blue as well. It didn't make any sense to me when Miss Linda suggested me on experimenting with other colors. I knew what I was doing. I was expressing myself in the truest form possible. Blue had just always been in me. I could feel it. 

Teddy had watched in wonder when I started painting yesterday. He had never seen me playing around with light pastel colors before. I did have tubes and bottles of them, but since I didn't use them much I had stacked them away safely in an old art box of mine. Teddy was absolutely thrilled at the myriad of "happy and fun" colors. I was pleased to find they were still in good condition considering how long had I not used them. 

The truth was I didn't have an answer to her question. It was totally unexpected from my behalf. Before I knew what I was doing, I had found myself running up to the attic to search for my old art box for these long forgotten colors. 

"I supposed it was nice to try something different after all," I shrugged.