glossary I: people and creatures.

Dear Reader,
For you, I write a guide to this world of magical whimsy and ancient lore.
I hope it proves to be a kind and helpful companion to you.
May your travels through this new world be wonderous,

--Megumi Akagane

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
prelude to prelude:

Evaithya: A creature with a dragon-like appearance. They are of gold dust and soul, and when they pass on, they become the stars of the Northern Sky. Only some can take up a human appearance and are considered blessed if they have such a talent.

chapter one: numious sojourner:

Ekklessia: Another term for the Chrisathala, a group of people of all ages and races who believe in the Creator King, Elohim.

Hamadryad: A nymph of flowers. They can grow different flowers from their body and control the growth of botanical life around them. Golden patterns spread across their body whenever they feel certain emotions strongly. Blessed they are, for they can hear the unheard song of the flowers around them.

chapter two: arrival//foxglow:

Perithalpsi: They are men and women who serve the community around them by giving aid during crisis. Though many have connections to the Ekklessia, not all share association. They take care of first responder tasks, rebuilding/remodeling places, and homes for those who cannot afford it, and support those who are struggling through tragedy.

chapter five: the elect paladin:

Kioku Kitsune: The leader of the ancient clan, the Kitsune Clan. He is said to be a crafty and wise man shrouded in mystery. He is an Aesivya, a humanoid being with angelic wings and powers of the mind. He is the most well known of the five Clan Leaders. Legend claims Kioku is not his real name and that he keeps his true title secret.

Soujourner Class Under AMO: Alethia Mission Organization has many different ranks depending on what tasks a person is called to do. Those under Sojourner Class are novices who are from different countries. Soujourners travel as an aid to other countries and places after their training.

Lieutenants: Lieutenants (or Kailueshai in Tevari) are men and women of all ages and races who serve under the Five Clan Leaders. Each Clan Leader can have five to eight Lieutenants. These men and women share the tasks of protecting the innocent and fending off evil. Each Lieutenant receives a portion of their leader's power, and have a special connection with their comrades through their hearts. They keep their identities hidden.

The Kondo Clan: The Kondo Clan is from the country, Matheilios. They are known as the Vahshallï. They are humanoid beings blessed with physical strength comparable to one hundred men. Despite this gift, they are willowy and elegant. They all have long locks of hair, which is said to be the key to their physical strength.

The Kenma Clan: The Kondo Clan is from the country, Valisophe. They are known as the Sofiëdio, humanoid beings with vast amounts of wisdom. Their appearance is that of one with pure, snow white locks, well-built and tanned bodies, and eyes covered by masks or blindfolds. No one is sure why they keep their eyes hidden, not even themselves.
It is one of the only mysteries they cannot solve.

The Iyashi Clan: The Iyashi Clan is from the country, Saleidora. They are known as the Helaika, humanoids with the ability to heal anyone they please. They have facial features and body structures that differ from one another but have the same blonde hair. A select few can see and feel another's past just by touching them. While this can serve as a blessing, it can also be a curse.

The Takeshi Clan: The Takeshi Clan is from the country, Haisura. They are known as the Chameliose, a humanoid being with uncertain powers.
Each skill set ranges between each person, their emotions, and the atmosphere of their society. As they grow, scales form on their body, starting from their nape. Horns grow from the top of their head, starting at the age of five. All who are from the Takeshi clan are born with red eyes.

The Kitsune Clan: The Kitsune Clan is from the country, Aebeörn, which dwells in the skies on floating islands. They are also known as the Aesivya, winged beings with mystical powers. The wings of an Aesivya form and break out of the body when at the age of ten. If they are forced out prematurely, it can cause physical and emotional trauma. The Aesivya people are different in appearance but tend to have the same red locks of hair.

Squire: Someone who is chosen by a Clan Leader to become a future Lieutenant after a current Lieutenant has passed away.

chapter six: the aberrant ago nagisa:

Faerith Leid: The Faerith Leid is fae creatures who mostly appear as beautiful, graceful beings. Legend tells that at the beginning of Eora, they came from the flowers Elohim grew from the earth.
There are four classes of Faerith Leid. (They are listed below.)
Wesenheit: They are the most common Faerith Leid. They have special powers and gifts that go according to their birth flower. Their strength can be taken away if used for wrong.
Haibleinge: These Faerith Leid are halflings. Long before Aredor, Haibleinge were shunned by society for not being pure-blooded. Through the years, they have gained more acceptance.
Kreatü: These beings are both rejected and accepted by society.
Lore states that if a Leid dies a hero or martyr; if their blood soaks into good soil, a flower grows from it. From this flower comes the Kreatü. They have veins made of vines and blood made of sap, tears of dew, and hearts formed of flower petals. Many claim the Kreatü do not have souls because of what they are, while others believe that their miraculous birth is something only Elohim can understand.
Fabelwesen: A mystery class. No one knows how they came to be, only that they can turn into grotesque or frightening monsters. They are often abandoned or abused by their birth family, and many believe they deserve purging.

King Aredor: He is the current ruler of Areon. He is the only son of King Validor, a king whose controversial stance on the treatment of Fabelwesen inspired Aredor's kindness. He was a gracious and gentle king, which is something Aredor inherited. Aredor has a son named Renge and took in eight other children after the end of the Great War. He is famously known for many of his magnificent accomplishments and his support of equal rights for Fabelwesen. He is a close friend to Kioku Kistune.

Hitsujikai: The equivalent of a clergyman or pastor. They are all men who have taken a vow to serve those inside and outside of the Ekklessia by honoring Elohim first. Their purpose is to glorify Elohim and to guide their congregation in holiness and truth.

chapter seven: xerazalea//explosion:

Magistrate: A man who teaches academics of various types. The female term for Magistrate is a Matron.

Troubador: A knight who sings and creates poetry and art. Though many serve beside AMO, not all do. Their loyalties often lie with a governing system, which gives them the authority to use their weapons.

chapter nine: conviction//soldier and shepherd:

Kaithé: Also known as the Divine Savior. In the Sacrytheola, it states that He was both Elohim and man, and that through sacrificing His sinless self, He opened the pathway to Aeternia. It is only through Him souls can arrive to that eternal place.

-daya: This is a Tevari honorific used for those who are lords or rulers.