record XV: sojourner, the blossoming.

Evangelique gulped as she gathered the words in her mind.

  Would her reason make sense to anyone around her?

  She exhaled away the worry inside and opened her mouth to answer.

  "Well...I guess it's a selfish reason," began Eva. "But I didn't choose to become a Lieutenant because of what I saw at the tavern. I didn't make my choice because of any action I committed. When someone I know told me a story about Aleiliyo, and what it was before I was born. Upon reflecting on the story told to me, I realized that without Lieutenants, I wouldn't even be alive."

  After she spoke, she stole another deep breath and let her mind release its words.

  "Before I was born, there wasn't such a thing as a Hamadryad-Human mix," she stated. "Aleiliyo was closed off from the world. Without the interventions of the Lieutenants, I wouldn't be here. Yeah, that makes me a mystery. I'm a wild card of a breed, but maybe I'm not the only one. Maybe, there's another country out there that is facing a similar situation."

  Eva clenched onto the fabric of her dress as she looked directly up into Kioku's eyes.

  "I want to become a Lieutenant so I can protect the people just like me, people who wouldn't be here without Lieutenants. I want to protect the futures of those who still have yet to be born, so they can have a safe life as I have."

  All within the halls went silent. It was no quietude of disdain or confusion, but one of respect. Kioku smiled; pleased, affirming the young braveheart before him.

  "What an interesting reason," said Kioku contently. "I knew there was a reason you were called to my presence that snowy night.

  He lifted his right arm, holding it straight in front of Evangelique.

  "In the name of the Kitsune clan, do you vow to honor and protect all beings; fae and human?" asked Kioku.
  "I do," replied Eva.
  "Do you vow to honor your fellow Lieutenants in every way?"
  "I do."

  A strange, golden light came from Kioku's fingers. From his back sprouted beautiful white wings reminiscent to angel wings. Tails of gold trailed from his back, and his eyes began to glow. His bright red eyes shimmered like rubies in the magical light.

  "Then, by the power vested in me, I now announce you, Evangelique De'Sejour as Sojourner, the Blossoming One. May Elohim bless your path and may you never depart from Him."

  The golden rays of magic rushed towards her. The magical light circled her; lifting her from the ground.
  Her once velvet dress became shimmering white silk covered in beautiful golden flowers and radiant jewels. The sleeves of the dress had slits in them that helped with movement. The back of the dress was open, so the golden image of a cross could be seen on her back.
   In her hair were several different assortments of flowers and pearls and on her feet were elegant white and gold boots.

  Evangelique was left speechless by the beauty of her uniform. To her, she felt like a princess in a fairytale.

  "Miss Evangelique," called a familiar voice.
  Evangelique turned to see Tsubaki. He was more breathtaking than she had ever seen him before and looked even more princely than Ago.

  He wore a light blue tailcoat covered in golden, swirling designs. On his sleeves, azaleas, camellias, and xeranthemums rested among pure pearls.
He wore white slacks that were covered by maroon colored boots that went just below his knees.
  Eva looked at his face to see that the scars he once had on his face were still missing. She didn't know why, but knowing that they were gone made her feel uneasy.

  "For now on, I will be beside you as your partner," said Tsubaki softly. He held out a wooden bow and arrow to her. "May Elohim guide our hearts through all trials to come."

  "May Elohim guide our hearts through all the trials to come," resonated the other Lieutenants.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  It was past midnight by the time the ceremony was over. Tsubaki and Ago had walked Evangelique back to the dormitory and soon after departed to their own homes.
  Now, at her limit of how awake she could be, she decided to head straight to bed for a good, warm sleep.

  "You have quite a bit of explaining to do," stated a cold voice. Evangelique turned around, petrified.

  Yasha stood with her arms by her side. She didn't look upset.

  No, she looked livid and wild with anger.