record XII: risoluzione// an unearthed phobia.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" asked a man with dark, olive green hair, and high cheekbones. He sat at a beautifully crafted desk inside of a book-filled office.
  "I do, Headmaster Rowan," replied Evangelique, who sat in a chair directly in front of his desk. Her tone of voice was bold yet peaceful.

  Headmaster Rowan shifted his wire glasses.

  "Becoming a Lieutenant isn't an easy task, young lady," said the the Headmaster. "You do know that it will be taxing, especially since you are also a teacher under AMO."
  "Yes, sir, I understand," responded Eva, just as calm as before.

  The Headmaster smiled softly.

  "Alright, alright," he began. "Now, I don't need you to tell me why you have decided to become a Lieutenant, but I do need one other thing from you."
  "What may that be, sir?" asked Eva.
  "Alethia Mission Organization's purpose is to share the good news of Elohim and serve those who are around us in any way we can, by using our strengths given to us," stated Rowan. "We do this through teaching children, relief work with the Perithalpsi, and training of the Troubadors.
Whatever we can do to serve and honor Elohim, we vow to willingly do. With that said, each team member we take in is put into a team so they can be a support for one another during hard and easy times. Teams are meant to grow together and be completely honest with one another."

  The man clasped his hands together and looked at Evangelique. He seemed serious and straightforward.

  "However, as of right now, your choice to become a Lieutenant must be kept a secret from your teammates....especially Augustine."
----------------------------------------------------------------------
  In the crisp winter afternoon, Evangelique walked with Ago and Tsubaki through the winter gardens of Andromeda Memorial Park. The gardens were in full bloom despite the blankets of snow and blended like vibrant paints on a fresh canvas.

  "So Headmaster Rowan told me about your choice," said Ago. He sounded enthusiastic and expectant of something.
  "He did?" replied Eva.
  "Why, of course!" exclaimed Ago. "Afterward, he told me to tell Kioku-daya, who is quite happy to hear what you've chosen. In fact, your Lieutenant inauguration will be tomorrow evening!"
  "T-Tomorrow!?" croaked Eva.
  "That is correct," replied Tsubaki. "After all, right now we are in dire need for all the Lieutenant help we can get."

  She looked down sheepishly. Her life was changing quicker than she could comprehend. She was happy with her decision and felt deep within her heart that it was the right choice.
  However, one thing bothered her about her choice.

  "Headmaster told me not to tell the others about my decision to become a Lieutenant," stated Evangelique. "Especially Brother Augustine."

  Ago slowed down and let out a quivered sigh.

  "Yeah...that sounds about right..." replied Ago. A crestfallen expression mixed with a struggling smile.
  "If you don't mind my inquiry, why would he point out Brother Augustine?" asked Eva.
  "What I gather is Augustine doesn't agree with my choice of becoming a Lieutenant since I am a Hitsujikai," stated Ago. "And because you are a Sojourner under Alethia Mission Organization, he won't agree with your choice, either. He detests when Chirsathala such as ourselves choose to follow a path covered with 'lofty' moral choices."

  Eva felt her chest tighten and become heavy. A feeling of guilt and anxiety mixed with her blood. She wanted to reply, but her throat became dry and her words became lost in her worry.
  It wouldn't be easy becoming a Lieutenant.

  Not at all.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
  Augustine walked with Cyril at the university's pavilion. It was beautiful in all seasons and was a special place for the two.

  It was the place where they decided to change their lives forever.

  "It's really exciting, isn't is, August?" asked Cyril with his same cheeky tone. "Having a new member to the team...you and Cordelia won't have to go crazy trying to teach several grades anymore!"
  "Hmm..." responded Augustine. He seemed uninterested by the conversation.
  "Say...what's bugging you?" asked Cyril, softly.
  "It's nothing," replied Augustine.
  "Try again," rebounded Cyril in a defiant and displeased tone.
  "Cyril..." sighed Augustine, hesitant. "I can't."

  He came close to his little brother, resting his head on his shoulder. Cyril's eyes widened. The only time Augustine did such a thing was when he was scared or frustrated, but couldn't find the words to say.
  For a university professor whose vocabulary was a dictionary, he was horrible at picking the words to express his heart's concerns and fears.

  "I...feel afraid," whispered Augustine, much to Cyril's surprise.
  "What do you think you're afraid of?" replied Cyril, gently.
  "I think I'm afraid...of that thing happening again."