record II: arrival//foxglow.

The man known as Augustine Adelfikos loaded Eva's luggage onto a horse-drawn carriage and soon after helped her into it.
  "I assume that this is the first time you've seen such a busy city?" asked Augustine.
  "Yes," responded Evangelique. "I was born and raised in Aleiliyo, so it's rare to see commotion like this."
  "Midsummers being the only exception, correct?"
  Eva laughed softly.
  "Yes, that is correct."

  The fond memories Midsummers Day steeped in Evangelique's mind. The brilliance of the nymph's skylight parade always excited her.
  The tales of wonder and glory told by merchants who came to Aleilyo for the celebration unfailingly captivated her.
  Everyone in the surrounding towns and villages would gather to watch the flowering fairies dance and sing. It was a diversely celebrated holiday that symbolized the peace between men and fae in the present day, and Eva treasured it with all her heart.

  "This town is certainly more industrial than rural Aleilyo," started Augustine. "However, you will find that in Mumei, there is quite a bit of fantastical life here, just like your homeland."

  The carriage arrived stopped at a tall, dark, gothic building.

  "This is the dormitory where you will be staying," stated Augustine. "The other team members live here, as well."

  Eva set her eyes upon the vast height of the building. It looked just like dormitories of universities that she had read about, only much more lively.

  Perhaps the mixture of clear and stained glass in the building's design captivated her. Maybe it was the nearby foliage that grew in the frigid winter. Or maybe, just maybe, it was the intricate architecture of the building.

  Whatever it was Eva found the beauty of her new home magically welcoming.

  Augustine led Evangelique into the building, where the warmth of what seemed to be a thousand candles greeted them.

  A delicate glass chandelier hung from the light cream ceiling. A cherrywood-colored staircase stood politely to the left side of the entrance as a gentle, golden light shone on it.
A grey marble floor reflected the soft light, just like the reflection on the surface of water.

  "She's here!" called Augustine. His voice wasn't very loud, but the acoustics of the entryway amplified his voice so that even those in the farthest corners of the dormitory could hear him.

  "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" bellowed a voice. The sound of footsteps running echoed in the building.

  Two young women rushed down the stairs while a young man slid down the stair railing. The rambunctious trio quickly made their way to Eva.

  "Wow, an Aleilyian!!" exclaimed a young woman with dark teal hair. Her skin was of a warm umber color, and her surprisingly strong hands gripped onto Eva's tiny hands.
  The woman wore a dusty, white button up shirt under a pair of baggy pants that tucked into large brown boots with faded gold designs embroidered on them.

  By the way she held herself up, Eva could tell that she worked with the Perithalpshi; a group of people who worked on restoring homes and helping citizens affected by tragedy.

  "How was your trip?" asked the young man with great enthusiasm. His skin was of a sepia tone, but patches of pale skin covered his face as well.
  Straight locks of dark violet hair brushed against the large gold earrings he wore, and his bangs hung symmetrically above his eyes.
  He wore a red, velvet tunic that went to his mid thighs. The tunic rested over a white, frilled shirt. Under the dress shirt and tunic, he wore a pair of tight, leather slacks.

  There was no doubt in Eva's mind--the young man she saw was most definitely a minstrel of some sorts.

  "Is your health is in top shape?" inquisitioned a girl with short and curly white hair. Her salmon-colored eyes gazed in Eva's with an innocent curiosity.
  She was a dainty girl, with pearly skin and porcelain doll features. A white and cherry blossom pink nurses dress that went to below her knees was what she wore. Frills of lace hung from the end of her uniform, causing Evangelique to think of the girl as a princess.

  "U-Uh...I, umm.." stuttered Evangelique. She was overwhelmed by the amount of attention directed towards her and wished it wouldn't show.
  "You three, please, calm yourselves," said Augustine in a calm tone.
  "I'm sure the young lady is quite exhausted from her trip, so perhaps introducing yourselves would be a more relaxing way of letting her feel welcome."

  The trio backed away awkwardly.

  "S-Sorry about that," stated the strong woman, fumbling with her hands. "I'm Yasha. Yasha Tenn."
  Her hands made her way closer to Eva, and in acceptance, Eva took it and shook it.
  "I'm Althia Alcott," said the pale girl with a curtsey. "I'm sorry if I overwhelmed you before."
  "It's no problem, really!" replied Eva happily.
  "And I'm Cyril Adelfikos, Augustine's musically talented baby brother!" added the young man. He grinned ear to ear.
  "It's very nice to meet you," giggled Eva.
  "Is Ago not here?" asked Augustine.
  "Nah, he left an hour ago," responded Yasha.
  "Yeah, you know how the misses can be," mocked Cyril playfully.
  "Does she worry about his timeliness?" asked Eva.
  "It's the complete opposite, actually" replied Cyril. "He just worries so much about worrying her that he ends up leaving here before it gets late."
  "He's always so worried, while his wife is usually so calm," added Althia, giggling. "It's rather amusing to us!"

  Eva laughed alongside them. She had only met her team, but she already felt so at home.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
  The rest of the evening consisted of a tour of the dormitory, a hearty meal, and a lively conversation.
  Evangelique sighed happily, as she closed the door to her new bedroom. She was exhausted and ready for a good rest.
  She blew out the candle that lit up her new room and crawled into her own bed.
From the window beside her, she sleepily watched flurries fall to the ground. They calmed her and made her heart feel warm and peaceful.

  Just as her heavy eyes prepared to close, something caught her attention.

  Eva quickly sat up on her bed, rubbing her eyes. She peered out of the window to see the most peculiar and magical sight.

  A golden fox stood in the snow, looking directly at her. It waited in patience, watching Evangelque with sharp eyes.
  Mesmerized by the animal's beauty, Evangelique jumped out of her bed. She quickly put on her soft, white slippers and grabbed her warm, light blue robe.

  Before she knew it, she was out in the cold snow, running after a magical fox and the trail of camellias it left behind.