record X: hospitalité.

The passing days held the reconstruction of the building and outreach to the families of the three victims of the fire.
  A week soon passed, and Eva remained to herself, her thoughts collecting.

  Three souls fell victim to the events at the tavern. The mourning of family and weeping of loved ones drew Evangelique into a grim mindset.

  More and more, the decision of becoming a Lieutenant belabored her.
  The opportunity to become a protector of those who couldn't fight for themselves was hers.
A desire to possibly save lives from calamity grew in her, but like Ago, would she face self-confliction?

  "It's been a week since you came to Mumei," said Ago. He walked with Evangelique in the snow, watching the winter birds fly in the Prussian evening sky.
  "Yes," replied Eva. "And I've learned so much in such little time."
  "Life tends to be that way when you're living a life of learning," responded Ago. "And when you live the life of a Lieutenant."

  Evangelique stared down at the snow.

  "You still haven't made a choice, have you?" asked Ago.
  "Not yet..." answered Eva. "As much as I understand the importance of being a Lieutenant, I don't think I could be up to the tasks. I'm not very strong, and what strength I do have, I don't understand."
  "I'm guessing you are referring to the flower incident?" questioned Ago.

  Eva eyes quickly made their way to Ago's, anxiety riddling them.

  "Calm down now," said Ago. "Tsubaki told me, and you aren't in trouble or anything."
  "But I nearly killed that man..." replied Eva.
  "That is true," started Ago. "But you didn't, and that's what matters now."

  He sighed and looked up once again to the clouds.

  "I guess I was thrown off at first," spoke Ago. "When I met you, all I could see was the human side of you. But it turns out that you're a Halfling--half Hamadryad and half-Human."
  "Could that have to do with why I have no control over my powers?" asked Eva.

  Ago laughed.

  "Sister Eva, that has everything to do with why can't control your powers."
  "Huh?"

  Ago walked up to a small cottage and opened the door. As soon as the door opened, warmth met Eva, and she could smell the scent of a familiar stew.

  "Dear, I'm home!" called Ago. "I brought the new sister of our family as well."
  "Thank goodness you're home!" replied the voice of a woman. Her dialect was different than the people of Mumei but somehow nostalgic to Eva.

  The woman came into the front entrance area of the cottage.
  She had beautiful, sepia-toned skin and long, lavender-hued hair and wore a dress that was a forest green and greyed red. In her arms, she held a small toddler with spiky crimson hair.

  Ago's wife kissed him gently. Once she slowly pulled away, Eva could see how beaming with love Ago was.

  "The little one has been waiting for you all day," said his wife. Ago took the small child from his wife's arms.
  "Well, how are you today my little bird?" asked Ago, happily. The toddler laughed and giggled as Ago swung him up in the air carefully.
  "Is he your child?" asked Eva.
  "Yes!" exclaimed Ago, in a jovial voice.
  "He's the child of a family friend," said Ago's wife. "Our family friend has twelve children, so we volunteer to watch over the younger children from time to time."
  "Except for the little one here," added Ago. "He's here every day because he loves us so much!"

  He turned to look at the tiny child he held in his arms.

  "Isn't that right?" asked Ago. He tickled the small toddler, and he giggled some more.
  "You must be Evangelique," spoke Ago's wife. She bowed. "I am called Nadia.
  "It's nice to meet you, Miss Nadia!" replied Eva.
  "Please, no need for formalities. After all, as Ago puts it, we are all family when we are together in Elohim."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  That evening, Eva ate with Ago and Nadia. The small toddler, who was nicknamed Tori, fell asleep in Ago's arms.

  "I suppose I should get him home now," said Ago, softly.
  "He will probably cry as soon as he realizes you're gone," replied Nadia with a soft giggle.
  "You may be right," remarked Ago with a silly smile. He opened the door of the cottage and walked out. "I'll be back soon."
  "Be safe!" responded Nadia.

  Evangelique smiled contently. Everything about the small family was precious and warm to her, and in that little cottage, she felt sanctuary.

  "So I heard from Ago that you are from Aleilyo?" asked Nadia.
  "Yes, that is correct!" replied Eva.

  Nadia smiled softly. Her face glowed in the light of a warm fire.

  "I am from there, too," said Nadia.
  "Really?" asked Eva. "So could that mean you're a--"

  Nadia nodded as she lifted one of the sleeves of her dress. From her skin, a cherry blossom grew.

  "Yes, I am a Hamadryad," she began. "I was known by a different name then, but that name was one given to those of the regal line."
  "Woah..." breathed Eva. She paused for a moment to think deeply. "If that's the case, then why are you here?"

  Nadia looked down and smiled dolefully.

  "You are nineteen, am I correct?" asked Nadia.
  "Yes, that's right," replied Eva.
  "I see," stated Nadia. "Then I suppose...you haven't heard about what happened in Aleiliyo twenty years ago."