🌺Athens🌺

Since I am in Ireland for two week without wifi I am not able to update very often. Which is why this chapter is 6600 words long. 🙂
I usually don't do this but I'm gonna ask you this once. If you see any mistakes, please point them out. I couldn't use my app to check the grammar etc so...
I'll also add a pic when I'm home again. Don't expect a new chapter any time soon, loves.
Enjoy
Xx

I get a lot of comments about the fact that the guide is wrong when he tells the story of Medusa. Let me tell you something, he is not.
Greek mythology is old old. A lot of stories have different versions of them and there's no way to know which one of them is true. I chose to believe that Athena cursed Medusa because:
1. The God's are petty after all and Athena could very much have cursed Medusa just because she was pretty.
2. If it was to protect her from men, then why did she also turn women and children to stone too. Which caused her to be alone and miserable forever.
3. And lastly, if Athena did it to protect her, then why did she help Perseus kill Medusa by bringing him gifts. Like, that's not protecting is it?

Everyone can believe the version they want to believe, but this is the one I chose for this story and the one I've been taught in a greek mythology class...

''It was here that Athena cursed Medusa,'' The guide said as he stood in front of the group of tourists. ''Medusa was a gorgeous young girl, who was wanted by many men. However, she wanted and needed to stay pure in order to become the new priestess of Athena's temple.''

''Athena was envious of Medusa her beauty. People claimed that her hair was prettier and more luscious than Athena's and that drove Athena's envy to turn into resent.''

Harry and Louis were currently walking through the old Athena temple or the Parthenon. They bought tickets to join a tour through the temple. Even though there wasn't that much to see.

''One day, as Medusa was walking along the shore, she caught the attention of Poseidon, the god of the sea. She turned him down, however, because she had to stay a virgin.''

''Poseidon had a conflict with Athena at the time and he saw Medusa as a possession he could take from her. After she rejected him for the emptieth time, he decided to take her by force. Medusa ran all the way to Athena's temple in the hopes that the goddess would offer her protection. Athena didn't give her any form of protection, giving Poseidon the opportunity to force himself upon her in her own temple.''

Harry frowned as Louis looked at the big temple pillars.

''Athena appeared after Poseidon was done. She was enraged by the events that happened in her temple and chose to punish Medusa since she could not punish a mighty god such as Poseidon. Athena cursed Medusa. She turned her beautiful hair into venomous snakes and anyone who would look into her eyes would turn to stone.''

Louis leaned closer to Harry. as they listened to the guide, who seemed very passionate about the story.

''In the end, Perseus, son of Zeus, was the one who beheaded her. He was gifted some divine gifts by the Gods themselves. Such as flying shoes and a helmet that made him invisible to Medusa. When he cut off her head, she was pregnant with Poseidon's offspring and from her severed neck, sprung the winged horse, Pegasus. Perseus gifted the head to Athens, which is why she is a symbol on many of the city's shields.''

''Quite brutal, ain't it.'' Louis whispered when the guide finished the story.

Harry nodded. ''I mean, she is misunderstood for a monster when she was in fact just very hurt. I mean, if some random fish man raped me and the one person I trusted most in the world turned their back on me, I'd be a bitch too.''