Episode 11

1BBY
Hyperspace

The pilots amongst Bat Squadron were chuckling.

"What? What's so funny?" Bat asks.

"Nothing is ever a quick in and out when it comes to you, sir." Marty says, laughing.

Bat shakes his head and laughs along with them.

"I promise. This time it will." He tries to reassure them.

"Uh huh. Sure. We'll see buddy." Doom says chuckling.

Meanwhile, Grand Admiral Thrawn sat in his office aboard his Star Destroyer, The Chimaera while Captain Derik, TK-8751, and Marik sat in front of his desk and told him about their encounters with the Yautja hunter.

"I'm telling you sir, this wasn't like anything I've ever seen before." TK-8751 tells him.

"So I've heard. It is quite the shame it couldn't have been brought to me alive for me to get a closer study of it. From what you've told me, it sounds like quite the cunning warrior." Thrawn says.

"That's one way to put it." TK-8751 says.

"The way it tore through our troops, our walkers." Derik starts.

"Effortlessly, from what your reports have told me." Thrawn says.

"Yes sir." Derik tells him.

"Was there anything else to add, troopers?" Thrawn asks TK-8751 and Marik.

The two look at each other then shrug before shaking their heads.

"No sir." TK-8751 tells him.

"Very well. You two are dismissed." Thrawn tells them.

"Yes sir." Marik nods and the two stand up before lightly bowing and turning to exit the office.

As they exit, the guard wearing the orange pauldron with the stylized Chimaera creature on it glanced over his shoulder at the two troopers. The door closes behind them and the guard glances at them.

"What was that about?" The guard asks.

"It's better you don't know." TK-8751 tells him before he and Marik turn and start down the hallway.

"Your actions on Dandoran and aboard the now massive chunks of debris floating just outside, are notable and worthy of recognition." Thrawn starts.

"T-thank you sir but I-" Derik starts.

"Don't interrupt me." Thrawn says staring at him coldly with his bright red eyes.

"Sorry sir." Derik quickly sputters out.

"Your actions have shown that you are a true leader. That is why..." Thrawn trails off as he reaches under his desk.

Derik stares cautiously toward the Grand Admiral's arm as he slowly lifts something out from underneath the desk and sets it on the top of it. He pushes it toward Derik and removes his blue hand from it, revealing the tank badge of commander.

"I-" Derik starts.

"You, and the troopers from your unit, of your choosing, are being transferred to Jedha to oversee the protection and transfer of the Kyber being mined off the planet and attacks by the terrorist leader Saw Gerrera." Thrawn tells Derik as he grabs the rank badge off of the grand admiral's desk.

"I-...yes sir. Thank you sir." Derik tells him.

"Your men will also be receiving fresh, new armor, provided by me. You will report back directly to me upon necessity." Thrawn tells him.