Episode 6

1BBY
Burnin Konn

"What kinda information?" The crustacean asks Bat.

"I need to know the whereabouts of a person or...a group of people." Bat tells him.

The man stuffs his face with more noodles before he stops and stares at Bat.

"Well, go on!" The man yells at Bat.

"What do you know about the recent increase of attacks on imperial outposts and patrols here....especially those by clones?" Bat asks.

The man gives Bat an interesting look.

"Are there even still clones alive?" The man asks.

"Yes. Not many, but there are." Bat tells him.

"I thought all the clones transitioned over to stormtroopers." The man tells Bat.

"Not all of them. There are still some fighting for the people." Bat says.

"How do you know? How do you know these men are really clones?" The man asks.

"They fight just like clones." Bat tells him.

"And that's enough for you to know?" The man asks.

"Yes. It is." Bat says.

"Why are ya so eager to find them anyhow?" The man asks.

Bat pushes his hood back, revealing his helmet before reaching down and lifting it up and off his face. He sets it down on the table and stares at the man. The man stares back at him.

"You're one of 'em?" The man asks.

"Yes. I think these troops here might be part of my old squad. Do you know anything that can help me?" Bat asks.

"I don't know much. All I know is that they come in here every now and again, talking about their victories against imperial installations or patrols and get drinks to celebrate before they run off again." The man says.

"Any idea where I might find them?" Bat asks.

"Not a clue. I'd say just keep your eyes peeled on full patrols in the marketplace and your clones shouldn't be far behind 'em." He says.

Bat nods before putting his helmet back on his head.

"Thanks." He says standing up and lifting his hood over his helmet.

He tosses the man a few credits.

"The next drink's on me." He tells him.

The man smirks as Bat walks off. He walks to the bar and pats Doom and Troy on the shoulders. They turn toward him.

"Anything?" They ask him.

"Not a lot. He just told me to keep our eyes on imperial patrols because they usually come close behind them." Bat says.

"So we're just supposed to wait around for the shooting to start?" Troy asks.

"From the looks of the marketplace, I feel like it won't be long before that happens anyways." Bat says.

"That's fair." Troy shrugs.

He and Doom stand up and they start walking toward the door behind Bat. As soon as they get outside, Bat is pulled to the side of the cantina and slammed against the wall. A knife is held up against his neck and he looks over as Doom is knocked to his knees and a man grabs him from behind and holds a blade to his neck. Troy was all the way on the ground with a man sitting on top of him and another standing over him. The one sitting on him put the blade of a knife against his neck and the other aimed a blaster at his head.