The officials all exchanged glances, full of incredulity. Carnia was removed from his position as the head of the capital temple, such an important matter, the emperor actually did not announce it in front of the public or the ministers, but was announced by Orede at this time.

“Impossible!” Louis snatched the decree from Carnia’s hand, staring hard at the words and seal on it.

“Your Highness.” A civil servant came forward. “For the position as the head of the capital temple, whether it’s being removed or appointed, it’s all very important. Since His Majesty has not made this public, it would be better to wait until we return to the capital to discuss it again, and still maintain the status quo now.”

“Weren’t Louis and Carnia always telling me about the law just now?” Orede expressionlessly responded. “According to the law, the emperor’s decrees come into effect once they are issued, and even if it is to revoke a previous decree, that would have to wait for a new decree to come down to be effective.”

The emperor and Orede had done this deliberately. If the matter were announced publicly, those officials who supported Louis would definitely cause all kinds of trouble, and the chaos would not allow for results for a long time. Now they were already on the road, and even if Louis and the rest went back now to the capital to protest to the emperor, Orede’s group would definitely not return. Then for the matter of negotiating with the demon clan, Louis’s group would no longer have any right to participate.

“Take off his holy robe.” Orede commanded his attendants and said to Carnia, “From now on, you will no longer have the qualifications to wear this holy robe again.”

Seeing Orede’s attendants come over, Louis immediately blocked in front of Carnia, “Who dares!”

Orede made a gesture, and the soldiers immediately suppressed both Louis and his attendants.

Even though Louis had also brought soldiers, no one had the courage to rush over to Orede, and could only stand still.

Louis and those civil servants who supported him could only watch as Orede’s attendants forcibly removed Carnia’s holy robe.

Carnia was trembling with anger. Not to mention all of the glory that he had enjoyed all these years, but even before that, he had never been subjected to such humiliation in public.

Orede looked at the holy robe in his attendant’s hand. “Take this dirty robe and burn it. When we return to the capital, we will make a new one for Sylvie.”

The little temple master was someone who was very good at observing the situation, and seeing that the entire matter had been handled by Orede with a couple words, he immediately walked to Jing Yang and said, “Please the saint come with me.”

Jing Yang took off his outer robe and sat by the bed. Orede let his attendants all retreat and went to the bedside to sit down, hugging Jing Yang for a kiss.

He pressed Jing Yang down on the bed, and the two people kissed for a while. Jing Yang held his shoulder and said, “Why did you have to announce this matter at this time? Didn’t we say that you would wait until we reached the border and then announce it? It doesn’t matter where I live.”

“I just don’t want to see him living in comfort. If it weren’t for us wanting to keep him alive, I would long have gotten rid of him. I have countless methods of making him wish for death.” Orede was so disgusted with Carnia that he had wanted to kill him when he had just left the temple.

“Endure it a bit longer.” Jing Yang stroked Orede’s face. “It’s very easy to kill him, and it will happen sooner or later, but if we don’t solve the demon king behind him, killing him will have much less meaning. We will use this opportunity to give the demons a devastating blow, which will at least allow the humans to live better for several hundred years.”