Chapter 20

"I really like you Poppy," Cody said placing a small kiss on my cheek. I blushed and placed my head on his hot chest. He pulled the covers over the two of us and wrapped his arm around me.
"I'm being serious Poppy," he said as we both laid trying to cool down.
"I do really like you, you are amazing and funny and sweet and sexy and driving me crazy. I really am starting to get feelings for you," he said smiling down at me. I looked at him surprised.
"I really like you too," I told him giving him a small kiss before cuddling back up to him.
"When's our date then?" He asked.
"How about tonight?"I said trying not to give away too much. I was hoping I could keep it a surprise for him. He'd done so well at keeping me on my toes that I wanted to do the same for him.
"The sooner the better," he said. I could still hear the music and noticing the time on the large clock hanging on the wall I saw that the party must be coming to an end soon.
"Are we going back out there?" I asked not really wanting to move from my position.
"We could just stay here," he said with a wink.
"Is that you asking me to stay?"
"Only if you want to," he said getting up and heading in to his bathroom.
"I'm just going to have a shower, there's t shirts in the drawer over there or you can go get your stuff," he said putting his head round the door. I sat up wrapping the covers around my naked body whilst he stood there proudly.
"Or you can join me," he said with a smirk and heading back in to the bathroom where I heard the water start running. I got up and slipped my underwear back on finally being able to take in his room now I was alone. I could see where he still had a lot of things from before he went travelling but also the things he'd added from his travels and the last few months of being here. There were photos of him and his family and him and his friends. I pulled open one of his drawers to find rows of neatly folded rows of t shirts. I pulled the top one off the pile and pulled it on feeling better now I was more covered. I sat back cross legged on the middle of bed messing on my phone waiting for Cody to come back out. I could barely control myself as his grin brightened when he noticed I was sat there still and in his t shirt. The fact he was dripping wet and only had a towel around his waist had be going insane.
"See you something you like," he said with a smirk using another towel to dry off his hair. I grinned and hid my face behind a pillow. I could hear him chuckling from the other side.

The next morning I woke up to my alarm startling me. I felt as though I'd only fallen asleep an hour ago. After round two we'd just stayed up for ages talking. I quickly shut it off hoping not to wake up Cody. Today was only a half day really, the Lachlan's were having breakfast and then going out for the day to celebrate Mias birthday. Picking up my clothes from yesterday I looked around the corridor hoping no one was up and then hurried along to my room to find Colin slouched on the new chair I'd brought for my room. His mouth hung open, a slight snore coming from him. I held in a laugh before laying a blanket over him and then heading to shower.
"Hey," Colin muttered sitting up as I returned to my room, refreshed and ready for the day.
"Hey buddy," I said putting on my shoes.
"I'm guessing the fact I ended up falling asleep here waiting for you meant you had a good night," Colin's voice was hoarse and tired. I started to feel guilty for not coming back to my room but I didn't know he was waiting.
"Maybe," I said with a grin, "Sorry I didn't realise you'd be here."
"It's fine, give me ten then I'll be down to help," he said going to get up pulling a face at the cat blanket I'd wrapped around him. I knew his version of coming to help was to actually talk to me about whatever he wanted to talk to me about last night but I was quite curious about what was going on. I nodded and headed downstairs to start making the birthday breakfast making sure I picked up her present on the way out the door.
See you at breakfast x
I sent Cody off a quick text as I set to work.

"Of course I want to give her space and let her find herself but seriously this week without her has been so much harder than I thought. I've seriously fallen for her and I don't really want us to be nothing anymore. I could barely even speak to her yesterday without someone interrupting us and I don't want to ruin her birthday by all this drama," Colin sighed into his coffee. I nodded along whilst trying to do six different jobs all at once. There were people everywhere trying to clean up and take away equipment.
"You're off for the rest of the day?" Colin asked. With the Lachlan's being out for lunch and dinner they didn't need me and strongly insisted after yesterday's big event.
"Yeah," I said rescuing the bacon, "I've got to do something tonight though."
"How about I do good on my promise then?" I raised an eyebrow not remembering what he was going on about.
"I'll meet you in your room after breakfast," he said giving me a kiss on the cheek before heading back upstairs.
Breakfast went well, Mia was in a good mood after all the drama of yesterday. Cody couldn't wipe the grin off his face either. The amount of money that must of been spent of her birthday presents was eye watering but the presents were so beautiful. After I'd finished clearing up I headed upstairs to find Colin.
"What's going on then?" I asked taking off my chef jacket.
"I'm keeping my promise," he said with an excited grin, I raised an eyebrow, "I'm taking you to the beach." My eyes widened excitedly. I'd forgotten about his promise when we'd put up my photo. I grinned and pulled him in to a hug.

"I'm walking on sunshine woaaahhh," we both sang out happily to the stereo in the car. This was just what I needed, a road trip out to the best place with my best friend.
"We're here," Colin said pulling into the car park. It was busy, full of people of all ages excited for the beach. My giddiness grew as soon as we started passing the ice cream carts and the bucket and spade stands and even more as I got the first glimpse of the sea and sand. I hurriedly flicked off my flip flops and went running on to the sand. I could hear Colin laughing and following me. Finding a clear spot in between all the people I threw my bag down to pull out my towel and get settled.
"Paddle?" Colin suggested once we'd set up camp. I nodded and took off my vest top, I know Colin well enough to know he would try to drag me in fully. The sun heated up my skin immediately, it was a warm day even for it being early summertime. Colin had picked a really good day to come even if it meant the beach was so much busier. Just walking side by side together along the sand talking about nothing and everything made me realise how much better my life had got in the last few months. I had the dream job, a real best friend for once in my life even if he did live further away now, another good friend in Mia and some sort of complicated relationship with Cody. We played about near the water for a bit, Colin had brought a bat and ball set that we had a lot of fun with. We brought chips and ice cream and candy floss and before we knew it we were rosy cheeked, Sandy and ready to head home.
"This has been the best," I told Colin as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Thank you."
"I think it's what we both needed," He said, it felt as if being here today had lifted a weight off his shoulders and I was happy for him. As much as I'd tried to give him advice about him and Mia but being here had helped clear his head more.
Where you at? Not wimping out of date 4 x
Attaching a photo from earlier that Colin had taken of me earlier with the ice cream that was the size of my head. I was in my bikini in it so it was a bit teasing and flirty for him.
You wish, you know it's going to beat the first three x

Jesus Poppy, you trying to give me a heart attack or something. Please tell me we're going swimming for it. Or something where I get to see you like that. You've got some tough competition x

I giggled and blushed causing Colin to look over at me. He laughed before fiddling about with the radio.

You'll just have to see how well the date goes x