Chapter 14

I woke up the next morning trying to as quietly as I could sneak out the bed. It's not that I didn't want to stay curled up beside Cody, I just had breakfast to get made. I hopped in the shower, knowing I couldn't blow dry my hair if I wanted to let Cody sleep. So once I was washed and dressed I plaited my hair and ran downstairs to get started on the day. I started the bread mixing before getting on with chopping fruit. Cody's breakfast usual was a bacon sandwich followed by a bowl of fruit. After a while Colin came downstairs to make himself a coffee.
"Morning," he grunted as he pulled himself out a mug. Colin only had three more full days until he finished, he still hadn't told me where he was actually going to but he had managed to find another job. He sat down at the counter too cradling his mug as I worked across from him. He really was not a morning person and had to finish his whole mug of coffee before we could actually have a conversation. I popped myself some cereal in a bowl as I finished getting the final bits of the Lachlan breakfast ready.
"Morning all," Stevie said walking in to the kitchen. She was always so alert at this time in the morning. She grabbed herself a banana from the fruit bowl before checking breakfast was almost ready.
"Has anyone seen Cody this morning?" She asked as she helped me put the glasses on the breakfast trolley. I could feel my face brightening as I thought of where he actually was.
"His room was empty this morning but his car is here. The others are in the dining room when your ready Poppy." Oblivious to my embarrassment she soon skipped back out of the room. As soon as she left Colin burst out laughing.
"I definitely know where he is," He laughed. I slapped him on the arm as he continued to chuckle at me.
"Don't worry, I'll go wake him. I just hope you haven't left him naked in that bed," he said before heading out the kitchen. I took a deep breath to compose myself before taking through the breakfast.

"Sorry I didn't wake you," I said as Cody came in to the kitchen.
"It's okay," he said wrapping his arms around me. "I was having a great dream about taking this beautiful girl on a date." I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck reaching on my tip toes.
"Oh god no, I do not need a repeat of last night, the walls were are way too thin," Colin said covering his eyes as he entered the kitchen. I playfully threw the tea towel I had next to me at him, which managed to miss him completely.
"We still up for drinks on Sunday?" Cody as Colin as he left my arms to get his things from the fridge.
"Of course, got to celebrate getting rid of him," I laughed as Colin started pouting before throwing the tea towel back to hit me on the head.
"I'll see you later," Cody said laughing and giving me a kiss on the cheek. Colin left shortly after which let me get on with my preparations for the day as well as starting to practice a few of the ideas for Mias birthday.
I just wanted to let you know I wasn't carrying around a condom cause I thought we were going to have sex. Or that I'm such a man whore who sleeps with everyone that they always need a condom. But I'm glad I did.  Last night was amazing xx
As soon as I read Cody's text a large smile grew across my face, that was why he was so awkward about me going to get it last night. Not that in the moment I had thought either of those things, I was just grateful that he had one. Which reminded me that I must get some next time I go to the shops. I replied to his text with a simple.
No worries. I really enjoyed myself too xx

After another busy day of cooking I just wanted to shower and go to bed but Colin had different ideas of coming in to watch friends. We'd managed to get half way through and I was hoping that he wasn't going to be moving too far away so that we could still binge watch it together occasionally. After putting my pyjamas on and drying off my hair slightly I wrapped myself up in a blanket on my bed. I'd been to the shop earlier so I had a nice glass of wine and a bag of sweets to share with Colin. I rested my head on Colin's shoulder. Even though there was nothing intimate between us I just managed to feel so relaxed with him. A friendship that I'd never really experienced before and it was comforting but upsetting at the same time as it wasn't going to last much longer.
"Mia got accepted to her favourite university," he said.
"That's great," I replied happily. "Why's this one her favourite?" I assumed it was a better course or something but was surprised when Colin answered with "Me". I turned to face him confused.
"The job I got. It's the closest to me." I was shocked at what he was saying, I didn't realise they were this close or involved that she'd move across the country just to be with him.
"Wow," I muttered. "I didn't realise you guys were that serious."
"I mean I really like her everything but I don't want to make her want to move just to be with me. We're only having a bit of fun at the minute and she's such a great girl that I don't want to hurt her feelings if I don't want her to be next to me all the time. My life is busy and I don't know if I have the time to give her what she deserves." I nodded encouragingly understanding where he was coming from.
"You're worried of making too much of a commitment?" I asked pouring myself more wine.
"It just feels like a lot of pressure when we're only just starting to know each other. I just don't want to let her down. The other universities aren't that much further." He kept running his hands through his messed up hair. I could tell he'd been stressing about this for a while and it felt nice being the one to able to talk with him about this but I knew that I wasn't the one he really needed to talk to.
"You know you're going to have to talk to her right?" I told him. He groaned and nodded before taking another chug of beer from his bottle and flopping back down on the bed next to me.