Chapter 1

Egg white omelette for Mrs Lachlan. Bacon with no fat, mushrooms, tomato, sausage with a side of grapefruit for Mr Lachlan. Croissant and fruit salad for Mia. Juice, coffee, tea, milk. I think thats everything. I thought they might be bit more forgiving seeing as it was only my second week and I'd never done personal cooking before but they weren't forgiving last night when Mr Lachlan threatened to fire me after I served him corriander in a salsa I had made last night when he specified he didn't like it. There were way too many things that each of them didn't like that I was struggling to cook up three portions of the same thing. I just hoped that I would get the hang of it eventually. Placing everything on the trolley I wheeled it in to the dining room where Mr and Mrs Lachlan already sat. I returned Mrs Lachlans small smile in my direction noticing that she gave her husband a nudge. He cleared his throat before turning to me.

"Now Poppy, I do apologise for last nights out burst, it had been a very long day at the office and I know you are still new here, your food has been very nice so far," He said fiddling with his tie. Mr Lachlan was a typical office looking man, he was in his early forties and the grey hairs were starting to appear. He owned some big law firm in the city which is how he managed to afford to the luxury of his house.

"Thank you, I apologise too, all traces of coriander has been removed from the kitchen," I told him with a chuckle as I passed him his breakfast. "Tea?" He smiled and nodded his head. Mia then entered the room her long blonde hair perfectly straighten and flicked over her shoulders. She wore a pale pink skirt with matching denim jackets and a small white lace crop top and white heels, with her make up done perfectly. She gets to look like that while I get to look like this, i thought looking down at my check trousers and kitchen crocs. How couldn't I be jealous of her life. I placed her breakfast in front of her.

"Has this got blueberries in it?" She asked whipping her head round to turn and stare at me. Everything disappeared from my mind.
"Um, No, I don't think so," I stuttered.

"You don't know?" She questioned raising an eyebrow at me. I could feel my cheeks warming up.

"No it doesn't," I said trying not to let my voice waver so much, I hate being put on the spot. I tried to rack my brain and work out if blueberries was one of the things she hated.

"Can I have some tomorrow please?" She said turning round and ripping off a small piece of croissant.

"Of course," I replied letting out a sigh, before filling up her glass with fresh orange juice.

"Shit," I exclaimed as I squeezed too hard on the piping bag, messing it up completely. I poked my head round the door to see what the loud noise that had disturbed me was.

"Oh Poppy darling, wonderful, could you help make these gentleman some refreshments please," Mrs Lachlan told me gesturing to the large sweaty men behind her. Between them they were carrying a large box and looked as though they wanted to put it down rather than stand and having a chit chat. '

"Of Course," I replied and headed back into the kitchen to make the regular assortment of refreshments for Mrs Lachlans guests even including some of the cookies that were left from one of her group meeting she had yesterday. She constantly had important people in the house and always had to entertain them with food and drink even if they didn't touch any of it. She was definitely a good host which I was starting to learn and was definitely going to learn next week when she had their first big event since I'd been there. I wandered around the house with the tray to try and find find Mrs Lachlan and the men.

"Poppy out here darling," I heard a call come from their big outdoor patio doors. I followed the voice to find the men setting up a large outdoor table.