Chapter 17

I was already up and about getting things done by six the next morning and as much as I wanted to go back to bed for another hour or two I knew I had too much to get done. I was just putting a crumb coating on Mias actual birthday cake before getting started on the Lachlan breakfast, which wasn't going to be as big and grand as their usual Saturday morning breakfast which was often waffles and pancakes. By the time I started to set up the trolley for breakfast the place was already a bustle. Mrs Lachlan was swooshing around the place in her silk robe making sure everything was to hers and her daughters standards. Stevie following behind her scribbling a list of all the things that needed to be done. Mr Lachlan was in the dining room waiting for his breakfast whilst reading the paper. Mia was still upstairs starting to prepare herself and I hadn't seen or heard about Cody yet. I still had to thank him for the dress. I had a few minutes before I was ready to serve breakfast, just waiting for the pastries to finish so I quickly ran upstairs. I hadn't actually been to Cody's room before but I roughly knew where it was. I hoped I wasn't going to wake him up but as I raised my hand and knocked on the door I discovered he was awake as he replied with a "come in." Nervously I pushed open the door slightly just to be able to put my head round it.

His room was just as large and grand as Mias was. Everything was made of dark wood and looked expensive and heavy. But the thing that catched my eye the most was the man perched at the end of the large bed putting on his socks and the fact he didn't have a t shirt on. You could tell he worked out but not the sort where he lived in a gym. His chest had a nice tan to it from his travels. My breath caught in my chest as I thought of the last time I'd seen him like this. He looked up at the intrusion and sent me a wink when he noticed me checking him out. I startled myself out of my daze to finally say "Breakfast is almost ready, just wanted to see if you were up and wanted to thank you for the dress." He stood up and grabbed a t shirt off the bed before coming closer.
"Does that mean your coming," he asked walking towards me. I felt like running back down the stairs but my feet stood firmly placed and entering in to his room even more.
"Only if I have time," I told him not wanting to get either of our hopes up. He was now stood in front of me. I could see where his hair was still wet and the definition of his muscles and the way his eyes had slight golden specks in them.
"Do you have time for this?" He asked before crashing his lips on mine. I could feel the door shut behind me as his hands tangled in my hair. His warm chest up against mine as I ran my hands up his back. I didn't have time for this there were pastries in the oven but I definetly wasn't going to stop it. As my back reached the door he lifted me up to wrap my legs around his waist, his arms locking under my bum and mine around his neck. Our bodies pressed close together. His lips never once leaving mine. Eventually we had to stop for breath and pull away. His forehead resting against mine as we both tried breathing properly again. He gently placed me back down on the floor. He leant down to grab the t shirt he had dropped before throwing it on as I still rested against the door.
"Breakfast," he said with a smirk taking my hand in his and walking us downstairs. Even after our steamy make out session I still managed to get the pastries out of the oven in time.

The party was now in full swing, I could hear the music, laughter and chatter from outside as me and the others made appetiser after appetiser. The only way I knew it was successful was Stevie constantly coming in and out of the kitchen. The hot sun was making everyone hungry and thirsty and the food was going down well but I didn't have time to celebrate that. I was too busy trying to make sure it was all perfect. The weather was holding out well and it was turning out to be one of the hottest days of the year so far. I could feel the sweat forming from rushing about in the kitchen even though the air conditioning was on full. I was definitely going to need a shower before I joined the party. I still wasn't sure about going still but after Cody getting the dress and then this morning, it made me want to go. The afternoon seemed to fly by and before I knew it the street food carts were turning up. There was ice cream, churros, kebabs and pizza.They were also another factor convincing me to go to the party. The afternoon was for more of the family friends where as the evening was for more of Mias friends. I was in the middle of the cleaning up as the next few trays of appetisers were ready to go and then we were done. The afternoon had gone really smoothly and now it was the final stretch before we were finished and I could go get ready.

As I headed upstairs to get ready the nerves were starting to kick in. I noticed Mia and Someone were in a deep in conversation in the lounge as I passed it. I wondered what was so important that she was missing her party for. As I pulled open the door to my bedroom I was shocked by another surprise on the middle of my bed.
"Colin," I cried as I tackled him on the bed.
"Missed me," he chuckled pulling me in to a hug.
"I didn't think you were going to make it," I told him laying down next to him.
"Missed my bestie," he said as I rested my head on his shoulder.
"And another someone?" I asked.
"Maybe," he said with a laugh and bumped my shoulder with his. "Now come on Cinderella, you've got a ball to get to." He was already dressed in his outfit of ripped jeans, a baggy vest with a checkered shirt tied round his waist.
"No we've got to go let Mia know you're here first," I said sitting up and pulling him with me.
We headed back downstairs together. I was hoping Mia was still where she was and when we entered the lounge she was there but she wasn't talking with them anymore. I could feel Colin tense beside me. I placed my hand on his arm to turn us around and get us away from Mia and this guy making out on the sofa.
"Mia," he whispered to himself but loud enough to startle her out of her make out. Her eyes widened as she took in the sight of me and Colin across the room. I was more shocked by the sight of the other kisser. Damien.