Chapter two

Momma hated Gracelyn even more now that she was carrying daddy's child. Gracelyn was able to have something that momma could never have. Children of her own.
     Momma threw Gracelyn into the bathroom with the two other girls. "You have thirty minutes to scrub yourselves clean. Momma has a visitor coming and she needs her little baby's clean." She said.
     Gracelyn watched her shut the door and she placed a towel over the handle of the door.
     "What did you do that for?" The twelve year old asked.
     "She peeks." Gracelyn mumbled and undressed Lily. She set the little girl in the water.
     "It's too hot!" The girl cried.
      "I know. It always is. Come on. Just cooperate and I'll finish this fast." Gracelyn said and washed the little girl until she was free from the dirt and grime.
     "You're not washing me." The twelve year old said.
    "I'll turn away." Gracelyn said and towel dried off Lily. She faced the door and pulled on the clothes momma had left for the little girl.
     "You know, I've been here for a while and you dig even know my name." The girl in the tub said.
     Gracelyn pulled a brush through Lily's tangled hair. "You've never told me."
      "I might as well. So you can stop referring to me as 'the girl' to Lily. I am Amelia. Amelia Hinahosa."
      The girl took her towel and wrapped it around her thin body.
     Gracelyn undressed. She had been here far too long to care about her saw her without her clothing. She slipped into the burning water and washed her body. "It's a lovely name." She said numbly and washed her hair. "I'm not like momma you know." She said and drained the water after a few minutes. She stepped out of the water and grabbed her own towel and dried off. "Let me." She said anger she dressed and noticed Amelia struggling with the hair brush.
    Amelia handed her the brush and Gracelyn brushed her hair as gently as she could.
      "I know you're not like her." Amelia said finally. Gracelyn began to brush her own hair now.
     "You do? You seemed so content on assuming that I was like momma." Gracelyn said and set the brush down.
      "I realized you were not the same when I saw your face a few weeks ago. When-" she swallowed and looked at the dirty ground. "When daddy got you pregnant."
     Gracelyn fathered io the clothes and sent them down the dirty laundry shoot. "It hasn't worked out for years. Ever since I had my first period Daddy has tried to get me pregnant. Every time I have a miscarriage of it doesn't work at all. That's why he wanted to sell me. If this lasts then daddy will want me to stay but momma will want to sell me. Either way I'll be leaving. I've been here too long. They don't want me anymore." Gracelyn said.
      Amelia looked at Gracelyn. "Will he-"
     "Try to have a child with you?" Gracelyn asked.
      Amelia nodded. "I haven't started yet."
      "He May or may not. It's been different with every girl that comes here. He's been very patient with me. He has a liking with me because I was their first girl. The other girls weren't so lucky. They got three chances to get pregnant for him. Think of it as three strikes and your out. Very few girls don't pleasure him. I've only met two that he hasn't tried to have his way with." Gracelyn said. "Just do what they say and you'll be okay for now."
     The door handle twisted and opened. Momma walked in. "Good. You three clean up better than the last girls!" She said in a high pitch squeal. "Grandma's here!" She gripped Amelia and Lily's China roughly. "Don't the anything. Act like you've been here your entire life. Grandma doesn't like to be reminded of how I get you girls." She said in a dark voice. "Am I clear?"
     The two younger girls nodded.
   "Good! Let's get going then!" She said and smiled. She bounced out of the room and Gracelyn led the children upstairs.
     Grandma stood up. "These ones aren't as pretty as the last ones." She said instantly and wrinkled her nose.
      She looked at Gracelyn. "You're still here." She said. "Make yourself useful. Grandpa's in the living room. He wants pleased." Grandma said.
     Daddy grabbed Gracelyn's shoulder. "No more pleasure for anyone but me. Gracelyn is carrying a child."
    "That's never lasted long." Grandma said.
     "She's been pregnant for longer than six weeks now. I think this one will last." Daddy said. "No more pleasure for grandpa." He said. "She's daddy's little slut only."
      "Fine." Grandma said. "You two. Say hi to your grandmother."
    Lily gripped onto Gracelyn's hand tightly. "Hello." She whispered.
     Grandma grabbed Lily's wrist and twisted it in the air. "Speak up!"
    Lily yelped and cried. "You're hurting me!"
     Grandma snapped her wrists and everyone heard he snap as the home broke. Lily screamed. "Momma!"
     Even she was smart enough to know that if she showed momma compassion momma would be a little nicer to her. Momma walked over and looked at her wrist. "Does Mommas little girl have a boo boo?"
    Lily looked at Gracelyn who nodded.
    Lily nodded. Momma stood up. "Let momma fix you up." She said and walked lily out of the room.
      Grandma crossed her arms. "Speak up." She said to Amelia. "Say hello to your grandmother."
    Amelia kept her hands behind her back. "Hello." She said in a clear voice.
      "She reminds me of what's her face." She said moving her hands in Gracelyn's direction. "She better not be a slut like Her though." She pointed at Gracelyn. "She'll open her legs to anyone."
    Gracelyn said nothing. Daddy walked over to her. "She's not completely useless. She's nearly fourteen weeks along. She can give you a grandchild."
    Grandma snorted. "She won't last that long. Bring them away. I don't want to look that their ugly faces any longer."
     Daddy nodded and shoved Gracelyn and Amelia to the door. "I'll send the little one down soon." He said in a Gracelyn voice and shoved them downstairs and slammed the door behind them.
     "Come on. Lets go before try find a reason to beat us." Gracelyn said. They walked to the basement room and Gracelyn shut the door. She sat against the wall and closed her eyes.
     "Are you Okay?" Amelia asked and sat beside her. Gracelyn pressed a hand to her stomach. The baby had recently started to kick her.
      Gracelyn shook her head. "Life wasn't supposed to turn out this way."
       Amelia laid on the floor. "You said it would be okay."
      Gracelyn closed her eyes. "I may be lying."