FOURTEEN

I had spent most of the day at Milkovich household doing homework with Mandy and Ian but of course getting interrupted by Mickey. I was now home in my room, flipping through my art book as I smoked.

I hear something hit my window, and I looked furrowing my eyebrows. I decided to look away, but it kept going I got up and walking over.

I opened my curtain, looking out, and once I looked down I saw Lip standing there in my backyard with a goofy smile. I smiled to myself, before opening it up and sticking my head out the window.

"Hi." He says, and I snickered.

"What's up Romeo?"

"I was, uh- I was going to go back and check out the lab. Wanna come?" Lip asked, and I smiled.

"Sure." I said, and I brought my head back in, but then sticking it back out, "You do realise I have a front door."

"This seemed more romantic."

"No boombox? Signs?" I said, shrugging and he shakes his head.

"Nah, I'm poor, can't afford the boombox. Plus, the best I can do with a sign is a cardboard box with the letters carved in." Lip says, and I laughed, "Plus, I didn't know if you were up there with someone."

"Mickey snuck out an hour ago." I said, and he scoffs turning his head in anger.

"Mickey Milkovich, really?"

"I was helping with homework. I'll be right down." I said, and he smiles.

"Alright."

===

I didn't end up going home, I stayed the night with Lip after we got back from the college last night. I woke up on Lip's chest as I felt the house violently shake, my eyes wide open now.

"What the fuck!" I said, slapping Lip's chest before jumping down from his bed. I walked out, Lip following me out, as we got to the hallway, Fiona was leaving her room as well.

"What the hell was that?" She says, and we didn't waste any time to run down the stairs. Lip and I ran down the one that linked right to the living room while Fiona took the one to the kitchen.

"Dad, what the hell are you doing?" She says, we see Frank, Carl and Debs with hammers smashing into walls.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Re-modelling. Son, grab that copper wire, it's worth a lot of money these days." Frank says, and Carl goes to reach in, but I stopped him from grabbing the live wires and hurting himself.

"No! Dad, stop!"

"Why the fuck is our couch on the wall?" Lip says, and Frank turns to him.

"We need a fresh start."

"There's a gas line right there." Lip says, pointing to the hole Frank created, and Frank looks at it.

"Oh, all right. We'll start the demolition in the bathroom, kids." He says, and the kids yell following Frank out of the living room and up the stairs.

"Last time, he ripped up the floorboards, remember?" Lip says, and Fiona runs a hand through her hair. Something she does a lot when she's stressed out.

"Shit."

"Said he was gonna put in Saltillo tiles- of course he never did." Lip says, and Fiona's face scrunches up in disgust.

"Yeah, and I had to date that flooring guy for a month to get him to finish the work." Fiona says, and I nodded, cringing at the memory too.

"I remember that. I had to pay after you dumped him."

"What are we gonna do?" Fiona asked, sighing.

"We have to kill the turtle." Debs says from behind us and we turn around to face her.

"What the fuck is she on about?"

"Daddy and Carl are up in the attic getting ready to cut a hole in the roof for a skylight. It's time to kill the turtle." Debs says, Fiona and I stood there still confused on what was going on.

"Now, Debs you know that you guys were the turtle in my story, right?" Lip says, leaning forward and I looked to Fiona.

"What fucking turtle?" I said, and she shakes her head, just as confused as I am.

"Oh, right."

"That's okay. I get what you're saying though." Lip says, and he looks at her sadly, "You sure about this?"

"It'll hurt less now than if we wait two more weeks." Debs says, and he nods.

"Okay." Lip says, and he turns to us.

"What's up with the turtle?"

"It's a metaphor."

We just nodded and made our way upstairs, seeing a ladder from the attic hanging down. We discussed what we were doing, Lip turns to Debs and gives her the nod.

"Daddy, help! I think I see a mouse!" Debs screamed and he pops his head out.

"A mouse? Hold on, I'll be right down." He says, we watched him climb down and looked around in his weird googles. Lip looks at me and nods, making me smirk.

"Where is the little-," I cut Frank off using the taser, electrocuting him in the neck causing him to fall to the ground.

"That was great." Lip says, smirking at me and I smirked back.

"Is it bad that I had that much fun?" I said, and he chuckles.

"I thought the taser didn't work." Fiona says, stepping out and Lip smiles at her.

"Yeah. I just told Carl that. I took out the batteries."

"Alright, open his mouth." Fiona says, and I kneeled on the ground, holding down his shoulders, while Debbie holds his legs. Fi opens Franks mouth, as Lip grabs a bottle of vodka to pour in his mouth.

"No. No! No!" Frank screams in protest, but soon quiets down as he swallowed the alcohol.

"What happened?" We all looked up and saw Carl.

"It's better this way Carl." Fiona says, and he sighs, going back up the attic.

Later on in the day, we all sat in the living room with a drunk Frank in the corner smoking a cigarette and drinking the rest of the vodka in his hand, well not before I poured a little in a cup for myself.

The door knocks, Fiona stands up to answer it looking at Carl who was cutting the tag off Frank's ankle.

"Just bracelet. No bone." She says, and I could see the disappointment in his face making me chuckle lightly. I look up and see Steve walking through the door.

"I'm sorry I've been MIA. I just had to-," Fiona cuts him off by kissing him.

"I didn't even notice. Come on, Tim Geithner's telling us how everything's okay." Fiona says, he smiles taking her hand and they both sit down with us.

"Frank."

"Fuck off." Frank says, and we all laughed. Lip walks into the room, flickering Carl on the head. Carl turns to look at him, and Lip holds something out making Carl smile, it was two new turtles.

Lip then comes over to me, sitting down and pulling me close to him. I couldn't help but smile at him, I kissed him on the cheek and he looks at me.

"What?"

"Nothing." I said, and he smirks.

"You missed." Lip says, and I snickered curling into his side as we watched TV with the rest of the family.