"There's no secret."

"Even if there isn't if I make one call to my mother and tell her that you both are still together she'll send Carson packing right out of here.  Even if you try and say it's a lie, who is she going to believe?"

"Why does she hate me so much?!"

"You humiliated her daughter, and told her her son was gay.  That makes a person pretty mad."

"But this is just too far!"

"So you admit you know why he broke up with you!"

"Shut up!  But seriously this is too much!"

"Yes, well my mom is known for her rash judgments and constantly overreacting."

"I hate the woman!"

"You're not the only one.  I love her, but a lot of people don't.  She makes enemies easily.  Much like you."

I glared at him. "What do you want Keith?"  I snarled.

"Your friend Rose."

"Wha-What?  When did you ever even meet her?!"

"I saw her picture, and she's very pretty."

"You can't have her!  She's with someone else!"

"I don't care."

"But how can I possibly get her for you.  She lives back in my hometown!"

"Call her up.  Make a verbal agreement of some kind.  Next time we have a vacation, I'm going on a date with her."

"She's going to hate you for this though.  She's my best friend."

He chuckled.  "That's another thing.  You can't tell her about this or anything.  You have to make me sound like the perfect gentleman and a wonderful guy."

"I can't do this to her though!  That's too cruel!"

"Fine, I'll just make a simply call to my dear mother and we'll see where this takes us."

He got out his cell phone and flipped it open.  He began dialing the number and it rang twice before she picked it up.  That's when I couldn't take it.  "Stop!  Alright!  One date!  I'll get her to go on one date with you!"