33

"Na Eun we aren't talking about this please."

Na Eun had forced me to come with her on a coffee date, whatever that means. We were currently sitting in a nearly vacant coffee shop only a few blocks away from my house. There weren't many people in here, there was a tempting aroma of freshly crushed coffee beans coupled with chocolaty scent rising from the fresh baked cakes.

"Y/N, we need to solve this out," she said looking at me eagerly.

"There is nothing left to sort out Na Eun, why can't we drop it?"

"Because he's hurting too, look I know I have been a bad friend hiding things from you but now I'd come clear.... Will you hear me out?"

I closed my eyes letting an exasperated sigh escape my lips, Na Eun smiled, she knew I did that when she'd tease or annoy me and like right now, she's doing a bit of both. She took it as my indication to continue.

"Y/N when he first told us about you, it was like three days after you joined campus. Jungkook had his eyes on you since the very start, he got mad when others picked on you but he could never come out a say it otherwise they'd bully you more. I mean you know he's like the supposed Kingka so yah...."

Na Eun bit her lip looking at my subtle reaction, yep I had a poker face on deciding to not allow the building hype and hope in my insides out.

"Okay then," she sighed rolling her eyes.

"I swear if you butter things up to swoon me, I'd kill you."

"Yeah well, from what I have, there is no buttering needed."

I raised an eyebrow. She smirked pursing in her lips leaning in closer on the table, "This is a very cheezy love story you two have," she whispered winking at me.
I snickered, although I felt my heart do a little leap of joy...wait...nothing is confirmed yet.

"Wow, you did take breakup very lightly, Jungkook was right..you are a hard rock!"

"Can you move on!"

"And stubborn too!" She huffed folding her arms.

I rolled my eyes looking away and outside the window at the busy street.

"What I meant to say was, Jungkook's profound attraction towards you does not root to the dare."

I still didn't look at her.

"Y/N you have questions don't you...."

"You don't read my mind!"

"I read your face."

I scrunched my nose turning to look at her, you don't underestimate a girl like Na Eun, she is far too clever to cheat.

"When was he dared?"

"On the day after the campfire...."

"How do I know you aren't defending him?"

"Because for me he's a bunny teethed doof!" Na Eun spat. I couldn't help but chuckle, her snide comment reminded me of Jungkook's smile.

He smiled like a little kid, one smile that could differ between his duality, his adorable smile resembling that of an excited kid...only tainted by the comment Bunny which was in a way true.

"Listen, we all thought that what he had with you was just based on that dare, all of them are being too rough on him especially Yoongi oppa.... He had been trying to tell us that he meant it all."

I rolled my eyes, "Right!"

"Y/N." Na Eun said grabbing my hand shifting my eyes to hers, she had a pleading look in her eyes, "You have to be open minded here, did you even go talk to him about it?"

"There is nothing left to talk about..." I said sighing.

I didn't want to hear any of us, I have been having...trust issues and frankly even when Na Eun means well I don't want to buy it from anyone anymore.

If Jungkook was clean, he should have told me about the dare.

"Okay where are you going?" Na Eun asked tiredly getting up after me. I tuck my hands in my pocket avoiding her soft eyes, "Can you not be any ordinary friend and just....help me out here."

"I was literally just doi...."

"No Na Eun!" I snapped turning on my heel to look at her, by now the waiters and the workers had drawn attentive. Na Eun gave them a side eye before looking at me sharply as a mere reflection of my expression.

"I don't want to hear anything about him!"

"I know that..but atleast clear your head," she insisted walking out from the space between the couch and table.

"I don't want to do that. Let me feel the regret I have, of the mistake I made!"

"You...regret being with him?"

"Yes!"

No
In fact, being with him was the best thing I had ever done. Even if lasted for a couple of days, those days spent with him were the happiest days of my life.

The mere though bough moisture in my eyes, Na Eun sighed.

"You know I really can't help by being honest with you Y/N."

I sniffled turning away from her, afraid that if she'd give me that 'Liar' look again, I might really in fact cry again.

I wish I had never gone to that door, I wish I had never listened to Park Jimin's voice. I wish I hadn't been too quick to make decisions, or a fool to show me vulnerable in front of mom. I wish I hadn't been too judgmental, I wish I had used my brain and not my heart..

And this is where I am standing now. I lost the man I grew to love, if I had made the right choice maybe he'd still be with me, faking it or not, at least he'd keep me happy, comfortable, protected...feelings that I have lacked all my life.

My knees began to feel weak, before I'd collapse, I took a seat back on the couch still away from Na Eun's curious and clearly annoyed gaze.

"Y/N, you need clear things up.." she began once more inching closer to me, "You need to think things out."

Na Eun crouched down in front of me, "We can't treat this as an ordinary breakup, this is just a mis understanding." She said looking up at me.

My eyes were more drawn to a distant wall lined with coffee posters and cakes, I was in a daze of thought. Na Eun clutched my hand into hers, "You miss him...."

"Don't make my choices for me!" I snapped snatching my hand away. She sighed looking away.

"Then maybe start being honest with yourself, I can't help unless you know what you want...and you DO know what you want. Just come out and say it."

~~END OF CHAPTER~~