21

"Okay explain why'd he behave this way if he didn't like me?" I asked looking at Na Eun with hopeful eyes.

"Y/N, exactly what has driven this thought in your head?" she sighed crossing her legs putting away her laptop.

We were supposed to be doing homework, the research project. Two more days before we leave this place and go back to school, then a single week left before the mid-terms so time was as steak and a lot of study and note making was needed to be done however, I was far to distracted thinking about Jungkook...thinking about us.

"Well, it's sort of obvious..." I shrugged looking at her.

That night, when I asked him if he liked me or something near to having feelings for me, he just pulled me back into a hug. He pulled me back into his embrace, wrapping his arms around me tightly as if I meant the world to him, saying that he'd tell me when he'd be sure.

My mind was in a spin since then, a day had passed, we hadn't really talked. It wasn't awkward though, because my clumsy self blurted this out that no matter what I said, no matter what happened, we won't let this hurt our friendship and he agreed.

After that, whenever I saw him, whenever he walked by, whenever he smiled or looked at me with those eyes of his, my heart would beat faster and butterflies would erupt in my stomach. I feel nervous, cautious about myself now. Every morning I'd stand in front of the mirror trying on what to wear, how to do my makeup, how to make my hair all because I wanted to look perfect, I wanted to look perfect for him.

"Yes well, but, he's not that sort of guy..." Na Eun said shaking her head.

"What sort of guy?"

"You know I'm Taehyung's sister right?" I nodded narrowing my eyes at her, her lips were down in a frown and she never looked at me, her eyes were glued to her fingers as she fiddled with the rings.

"Taehyung is Jungkook's closest friend, closest of all. Jungkook isn't the type of guy who'd date girls, in fact before you he'd never talked to girls either. We don't know what happened to him, but this love and like and affection sort of stuff, he doesn't do that. He doesn't get close to people and this isn't physical, this is emotional. Bangtan has been his friends since 7 years; Jin hyung has practically raised him since he was 15, him and Namjoon hyung since they were his neighbors, he grew up with them. Y/N Jungkook doesn't share his privacy with anyone, he'd isolate himself when he is upset, he won't talk about his issues. If something similar happens to us, he'd simply say he'd been there before, the whole story, context and everything else he won't tell. It's one thing you figure his issue out yourself, it's another thing when he tells you about it....if Jungkook was serious with you, either he'd say it to your or share with one of us."

I listened carefully to everything she had to say. At some points I agree she was right, at others I had the urge to object but I realized that I'm in no position to do that. She was right about knowing Jungkook better than me, Jungkook was her brother's best friend. She was also right about how introverted he is, but the part where she said Jungkook never hung out with girls before me, that's my hunch, my reason to sublime the fact of a non-existent affection.

"I don't think you should keep hopes for him Y/N, I mean I've seen other girls do that, it doesn't end well," she said giving me an apologetic smile.

"He never gave them a reason to have hopes, he has given me..." I argued. Na Eun sighed again, "Y/N, I'm telling you, he doesn't like you."

"I don't really care if he does or does not, I just know that....he really cares for me and he's very protective of me, he likes to hear my thoughts on everything, likes to study with me, he wants my opinions on little things," I chuckled when a sudden thought based on the context popped in my head.

"Opinions on what?" Na Eun asked interested.

"Well once when I was doing my homework, he called me and asked that for a birthday cake icing, is chocolate better than vanilla or not. I asked him why'd he want to know and he sa....."

"That the cake's for someone special so I wanted to be sure and hey guess what..Happy Birthday!" Na Eun smiled quoting exactly what he had said to me.

That birthday of mine was really the happiest one I'd ever have, usually birthdays are supposed to be a surprise in everything from the gifts to décor to the snacks and cake, Jungkook on the other hand had prepared everything the way I wanted just so it would make me happy.

"He treats me special, I never noticed that until that night. I cried myself to sleep, he even waited for me outside when I wouldn't let him in."

"He does treat you very differently..." Na Eun nodded with a slight smile.

"Yeah..I'm glad you agree." I smiled back.

"You're blushing!" she pointed with a smirk.

"No I'm not!" I defended but her expression instantly changed, like when someone gets a sudden reality check sort of thing.

"But Y/N, you're still feeding on thoughts with little proof.... I still don't think he's that type of guy."

"Maybe, I know that guys and girls tend to get that close, I also know that this hugging and kissing and stuff never really signifies some real spark." I said looking at her confused face, "What are you saying?"

"There's only two possibilities Na Eun; either this is me over thinking the situation since aside from Jungkook no guy has ever been so close to me, or it's for certain that Jungkook really does like me!"

~~END OF CHAPTER~~