Chapter seventeen

Rosalind's outfit one the left is for throughout the chapter and the outfit on the right is for the 20s dance.

Do Not Go Gentle

In the living room, Klaus is being creative working on an abstract painting on an easel

In the living room, Klaus is being creative working on an abstract painting on an easel. Rosalind was curled up on the couch, reading.

"What took you so long?" Klaus askes Rebekah who just walked into the room.

"Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake. Luckily I'm quite the charmer."

"That's it?"

"The last of the white oak stakes that can kill us. Do you want to do the honors or shall I?"
Klaus puts the paintbrush down, takes the stake from Rebekah and throws it into the flames in the fireplace. The flames flare up around the stake.

"Well that's that then."

"Pack your bags, we're leaving."

"Today?" Rebekah asked surprised.

"Why not? There's nothing keeping us here. We'll grab the doppelgänger and be off by sunset."

"But tonight is the decade dance."

"So?" Both Klaus and Rosalind spoke.

"So, I'm head of the committee, we have to go."

"I'm not going to any dance."

"Caroline will be there."

"That means nothing to me."

Rosalind looks up from her book "Beks, I don't want to go to some high school dance."

"Please, I have big plans for tonight. Just go for me." Rebekah begged looking between her brother and girlfriend.

"Fine."

"Okay, fine. One last hoorah."

"One last hoorah, Nik."

•••

Klaus and Rosalind walk into the high school's gym. Klaus walks over to Caroline and Tyler who were dancing. Rosalind watched the situation from afar. Ros soon went to stand outside hoping to see her girlfriend.

Rosalind walked over to Klaus who was talking on his phone "Rebekah, call me back immediately! Ros and I only came to this ridiculous dance because you begged us to and now you're nowhere to be found."

Klaus sees the salt line and stops.

"What is this?"

Stefan walks up behind them.

"Your mother is back."