Hey One Question: What the Hell

Following the revelation that my former pal was the one behind the great kidnapping of our one and - presumably - only baby mumma, Nik and Elijah had enlisted the help of moi for a cute little tracking spell like it wasn't already the first thing on my mind.

I had tracked the pair fairly easily, it seemed Ty wasn't all that worried about covering his tracks. Or he was just stupid. My money's on the latter, Mystic Falls just doesn't seem to breed them with brains anymore. Get it? Breed, because he's a dog? Ha.

"She's in the back country. Way up past Houma, deep in the Bayou." I told them once Nik's blood had settled on the map. I was technically tracking his baby, after all.

"I don't suppose you could be more precise?" Elijah asked, it was way too obvious that he was more worried about Hayley than the well-being of our niece. His crush is so annoying sometimes. It appeared to have annoyed Nik too, seeing as he gave a snarky reply.

"What's the matter, Elijah? You're worried a bit of splashing about in the bog might ruin your expensive shoes?" There was no response as Elijah just looked worriedly at his brother, I wasn't sure if he was concerned about his shoes or Hayley though to be honest.

Of course before the three of us badasses could leave and go retrieve our missing wolfy and the literal bane of Nik's existence (Hayley and Tyler in whichever order you please), my new bestie Marcel just had to show up with his gang of misfits and inform us that he knew we were using magic without his permission. This didn't go down particularly well, as I'm sure you can imagine. There were a few more dead bodies, some threats from both sides, yada yada yada, then Marcel seemed to realise that he's an actual idiot and all the while he kept calling himself King. Like whatever. Being the wonderful lil sis I am, I stole a line straight from our Lord and Saviour Slim Shady himself, "why be a King, when you can be a God?" and then I kinda just snapped his neck? Idk, I was just having a good time. Remember earlier, before I'd met the guy how I said I thought he was pretty cool? I was wrong.

Once Elijah and I had tossed Marcel and his boys out the back by the dumpsters, the three of us rushed out to the Bayou. For some reason they'd decided that we would take the car, even though we all knew we'd be faster on foot. But hey, whatever floats your goat, Gary.

"We should head south towards the water", Elijah suggested as we continued walking blindly through the literal middle of nowhere.

Nik gave a mischievous little smirk and I groaned. Look, I love these guys, really I do, but my god they can be annoying. "You seem quite determined to find the little wolf" he mused.

It seemed as though Elijah was frustrated, "if I'm moving too fast for you, Niklaus, you're welcome to wait in the car. Do be certain to leave the windows down."

I couldn't help myself and I snorted out a laugh. "Was that a dog joke?" I ask in disbelief. Elijah making jokes, the world truly is full of wonders.

The pair of them ignored me and continued their little back and forth so I just huffed and continued to try and find Hayley or Tyler. Soon enough we came across Tyler's SUV and Elijah decided to try and spark up 'conversation' again. Honestly it's like he wants to start an argument.

"Do tell me Niklaus, why would your little hybrid sidekick from Mystic Falls have any interest in Hayley?"

"He wants revenge because I went after his girl", Nik shrugs. I scoff, knowing that this is not the whole truth and Elijah knew it too.

"Why do I suspect this is the least of your offences?"

I walk around the car, trying to get a pin on their exact location or pick up the scent of a trail or something as Nik tells Elijah about his time in Mystic Falls with Ty as his lil bitch.