What Is Air

So here's Damon, in my room. I haven't seen him all night, and I was counting on it staying that way. But alas, as luck or fate or whatever mumbo jumbo juju crap you're into would have it, here he is.

Can I just express the overwhelming urge I have to jump out the window right now. I'd happily move to China if necessary. They seem like nice people. I don't think I really want to meet any Chinese vampires though... I mean I know I'm stereotyping here but have you seem the remake of Karate Kid with Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith? They've got Kung Fu skills and already have vampire reflexes. That country is unfair, I'd like to talk to someone about this.

That wasn't off topic or anything. Anyway, so Damon. The door's locked, and he's in the way of my path to the window. This is why I'm always the one getting kidnapped! I suck at this.

"Marni." Damon started. He paused for a few moments before continuing, it was like he was testing my name out. "I'm sorry. I really am. I swear I'm back to normal now, you can have me checked. I don't know what came over me when I was un-undead-undead-dead- this isn't even making sense to me anymore. The point is I'm so sorry for everything I did to you, Astrid had something over me. But seeing you, and seeing you hurt brought back emotions, memories.. Brought back me. I know it'll take more than this to get you to forgive me, if you ever will, but I brought you a peace offering."

From behind his back, Damon brought out three things. Three very very amazing peace offerings. First he handed me a McDonald's takeaway bag full of hot hash browns, that was enough to win over my kindness. Next he gave me the bag of grapes.

"When I came back to my senses, I felt awful. I couldn't believe the evil I had done. Especially to you. The grapes... That was crossing the line, and I know that."

That was enough to win over my forgiveness. Now don't judge me with all your 'oh my god she's so easy to please', 'forgives too quickly', 'such a pig, all you need is food'. Blah blah blah. NO.

It takes way more than food to earn my forgiveness. With this though, he was showing just how much he knows me, how much he cares. He takes in the little details, like the one thing I always crave at a party and especially after drinking is hash browns. And how stealing my food is considered a threat to all humanity when it comes to me. That's why I can forgive him.

The last thing Damon gave me, was the best of all. I stared at in awe, and I could almost feel tears of joy forming in my eyes. This was fabulous, this was better than Christmas. This was Halloween.

"I heard Klaus talking to Stefan yesterday, and I heard how upset you were. So I tracked it down, until I found an even better costume for you. You look great now, but go out in this and you'll be Marni Sage, the girl. Not Marni Salvatore, the witch. Or Marni Mikaelson, the hybrid. You'll be yourself. Plus I know how much you loved the movie."

I grinned like an idiot and snatched the large green costume from his hands. The urge to whisper 'my precious' while stroking the costume was almost overwhelming.

He had gotten me an exact replica if the stuffed olive costume Georgia wore in 'Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging'.

"And to make it up to you even more, I got myself this." He said, holding up another costume. It was a pineapple costume. Like the one Jaz was supposed to wear in the movie. He was actually going to go out there and make a fool out of himself in front of pretty much the whole town, just for me.

That was what won my heart.

I couldn't contain myself. I ran and jumped at Damon, tackling him to the floor in a hug. I had missed this. The way he smelled, his warmth, his soft breath tickling my neck. Of one thing I was absolutely sure- I missed Damon.