"Okay," he said... More like, whispered. He noticed the tension in here too. "I'll be right back."

I leaned against the wall in the corner of the room for what seemed like hours. When Mallory finally came back, he looked a few drinks past sober. "Here ya go, baby," he said sweetly in my ear. I giggled when he began leaving little pecks on my cheeks.

"Ivy!" Owen yelled happily behind Mallory. Mallory groaned when he heard Owen's voice. I smiled brightly at Owen.

"You decided to come," Owen said with a deep chuckle. I nodded. "Yeah, I had to. If I didn't you would have died...or at least you made it seem that way," I said as Mallory glanced at Owen, awkwardly. "Geez, the trash needs to be put away!" Chloe yelled across the room. Her face was red from the alcohol she's had.And yet, my face burned of embarrassment with her comment. Mallory didn't hear her over the music and Owen... he was furious. "Um, I'll talk to you later, Ivy," he said in a hurry as he walked off in Chloe's direction.

"Okay."

Mallory and I talked for a while before heading into the kitchen to get more drinks. In the kitchen I talked to Rocky and his girlfriend Halley. Halley was a quiet girl. She said that she loved reading and writing and hoped to become a teacher; she was the exact opposite of him. Her red hair was met by big brown eyes and whole lotta freckles. I found it sweet that Rocky couldn't seem to let go of Halley. He had his arms wrapped around her 24/7.

A couple of drinks later and we were all singing along to every song that came on, even with the populars giving me weird looks. Mallory kept on kissing me and suggested we find a room upstairs. I distracted him and myself with more singing.

Then at some point, Mallory said he had to go to the bathroom. I waved him off as if I would never see him again, laughing the whole time. He was gone for a while so I assumed that he got lost. I told Rocky and Halley that I would see them later and went out looking for Mallory. I arrived at a bathroom with the door opened all the way.

He's not in there...

"Ivy," a deep voice said behind me. My sandals squeaked as I spun around. "Shit, Owen, you scared me!" I squealed, much to my embarrassment. He frowned. "I don't like it when you curse, Ivy," he said in that deep voice. Geez, it's driving me crazy! "Gosh, I didn't think it mattered to you, Owen. And besides, isn't this the first time you've heard me swear in the three years I've known you?" I said with fake bravado.

He smiled. "I guess it is. And I don't like it. Your're too pretty to use such vial words."

"What about you? You swear too!" Then the shock of his compliment hit me. "Y-you think I'm pretty...?"

He chuckled. "Of course. You're beautiful. In fact, you're sexy. Really, I mean it."

"Thanks," I said, too unsure to say anything else.

"So do you want a drink?" he asked. He held my arm and led me to the kitchen before I could say anything. When he touched me, I got that weird electric shock that I get every single time he touches me. Why is he always electrically charged?

In the kitchen, he took out soda from the stainless steel refrigerator. Everything in the kitchen is fancy and new-looking! "Follow me the back patio," he said as he grabbed some alcohol and two cups. I did as he told and sat down on one of the chairs there. "What made you decide to come here?" he asked. I tensed up. Why did I decide to come here?

"Uh, Mallory wanted to come," I replied lamely, but it was the best answer that I could come up with.

"Fuck. I don't like it when you say his name either. And plus, I never really invited him," he said with a hard expression. For some reason, my feelings were hurt.