1 - Julia from Glasgow

Start from the beginning

A middle-aged woman spoke on the phone in an unmistakable british accent as I laid my arms on the wooden counter resting my chin on my clasped hands, the woman seemed to spit fire at the words that hissed.

A few seconds later she returned the phone to the receiver and took a deep breath as her blue eyes fell on me.

"How can I help you?" The woman with lightly wrinkled skin spoke at me in an intimidating way.

"A-ah, good morning," I say, trying to sound as least nervous as possible. "I'm looking for John Reid." I say feeling a knot form in my throat. "Tell him I'm Julia Quinn from Glasgow, please." I ask smiling nervously at the end.

The woman took a deep breath and studied me briefly and got up.

"Okay, wait here." the woman spoke up and entered the hallway that seemed to lead to the studios.

I let out another long breath and stared at the ceiling for some sort of relief."Julia Quinn from Glasgow," I murmured, realizing how stupid that sounded, but that was what my godmother had instructed me to do.

It was possible to hear the sound of a piano and voices in the background. I clung to the sound of the light and fluid melody of the piano and felt my skin shiver which made me laugh. The voices began to approach and I quickly settled my posture.

A man with impeccably combed brown hair appeared in a black suit and red tie. He smiled to see me and I felt my cheeks turn red.

"You must be Julia Quinn!" the man said, reaching out and walking toward me.

"Aye, Julia Quinn." I ignored the rule of forgetting to speak like Glasgow.

He squeezed my hand and a smile spread on his lips.

"John Reid," my heart leapt with joy as I heard his name. "Now come on, I need to get through your day's chores." He said laughing as he led me down the corridor.

############

John and I were in an office for at least half an hour and I was being bombarded by a myriad of information about the band. Apparently John owed a favor to my godmother Peggy and he did not even ask me to tell him about my experiences ... and that's how I got the job.

It seems very easy.

I was infinitely happy and grateful, speechless to describe what I was feeling and trying to pay attention to the smallest detail he was experiencing. You must be wondering how I did not know and had no idea about Queen and the members, and well ... this is easy I only had eyes for the Beatles, and just like them the Queen was made up of four guys.

Brian, Roger, John and Frederick.

They each different their way by what I understood, but they worked extremely well when together and were friends for a good few years. John spoke a little about each and his tastes, were not demanding, but something made me twist my nose.

"Freddie can be a little difficult some times..." John scribbled a piece of paper without looking directly at me while talking about Frederick.

I frowned and settled into my chair trying to approach John with a look of almost supplication.

"How difficult?" I ask intrigued and he lets a laugh escape and look at me.

"You will find out." He speaks with a smile and stands up. "Let's go?" He asked and I just nodded, getting up from the chair and following him.