Bully

"School is boring," Horror groaned.

"Yeah," Error groaned. "And I have that stupid assignment with the Squid due in week 8. Probably more coming up too. You have any assignments yet Night." Nightmare didn't respond. "Nightmare?" He started and looked up.

"What?" He asked. Everyone stared at him.

"What's up with you? You've been distracted all week," Killer said. Nightmare shrugged.

"Oh, it's nothing." Killer narrowed his eyes.

"Sure," He said sceptically. A noise was heard from the courtyard and the gang perked up. The familiar call of "Fight!" was heard and they stood up and ran to see what was going on. Fights weren't rare but they were rarely exciting. Nightmare froze as he saw what was going on. Fell, a well know bully, was doing what he always did; bullying. But who he was bullying was what threatening to make Nightmare snap. Cross lay half crumpled on the ground, bleeding from her nose and temple and not moving.

"Now, apologise!" Fell yelled, kicking her in the stomach. She spat out blood at his shoes and didn't say anything. He growled and moved to kick her again. Nightmare snarled and fast as lightning a tentacle was out of his back and wrapping around Fell's ankle, pulling him to the ground. Fell grunted as he hit the ground and Nightmare stepped in front of Cross. Holding his tentacles behind his back threateningly, he stared at the disgruntled bully.

"You got a problem Nightmare?" Fell asked, standing up. Nightmare looked at him calmly.

"What'd she do to you Fell?" He asked.

"She bumped into me."

"How petty."

"Last I checked," Fell growled. "The newbie wasn't on your list of protected commodities."

"Well consider her on it now. Beat it Fell." Fell snarled at Cross then retreated. The crowd broke up, groaning, and, as always, the teachers were nowhere to be seen. Nightmare turned around and held out a hand to Cross. She watched him suspiciously for a moment then took his hand and letting him pull her up. They met each other's eyes for a moment then Nightmare whispered so only she could hear.

"You wanna hang out with us?" Cross shook her head, wiping the blood off her nose and staining her shirt. He let go of her hand. "Goodbye then." He turned and walked away, leaving her to herself.

Nightmare turned around to find Dream running up to him, a smile on her face. Killer, who was going to walk home with him, raised an eyebrow at his friend.

"Uh oh," He whispered. Dream reached him and excitedly jumped up and down.

"Night! Nighty! Look!" She yelled, holding out a flyer. Nightmare held her down by the shoulder and took the flyer. He groaned.

"Seriously Dream? A carnival?" He asked. Dream nodded. Blue and Ink appeared behind her, looking just as excited.

"Please Night! Can we go?!"

"Why do you need my permission?" He asked.

"Cause I'm not going without you again." Nightmare sighed. Last time Dream had gone to a carnival someone had mugged her, Ink and Blue and she'd been scared to go anywhere without Nightmare since. She still loved carnivals though.

"Alright, I'll go with you," He sighed. Dream squealed in excitement and ran back to her friends. Nightmare turned to Killer. "Please," He begged. Killer laughed.

"Yeah I'll go with you mate," He said, patting his shoulder. Nightmare sighed in relief.

"Thank God." Nightmare looked to his left and saw Cross standing there, watching him again. He smiled at her, she looked away and walked out of the school gates. "Come on Dream," Nightmare said. "Let's go home."