The New Kid

Nightmare groaned as he entered his roll call classroom with his sister. Being twins sucked sometimes. Dream glared at him.

"Oh come on Night, you've got Killer with you," She said, frowning. Nightmare frowned.

"Killer?" He asked. Dream pointed at a desk midway through the room where Killer was sitting, feet crossed on the desk. "So that's where he's been," he muttered. "Nice." Dream pouted.

"At least you get a friend." Nightmare chuckled and patted her head.

"Have fun Dreamy."  He moved over to Killer who looked up and smiled at him.

"Eyy, good to see you Night!" He said, moving over to make room for him. Killer and Nightmare had been friends for the longest by far. They'd hung out together since kindergarten and even Dream knew him well enough to talk to him when Nightmare wasn't around. Nightmare sat down and looked at his sister with feigned pity.

"Poor Dreamy has no friends."

"Lust," Killer said.

"Huh?" Killer pointed at a desk near Dream's.

"She's got the slut." Nightmare's lips curled in disgust.

"I don't want my sister to talk to the slut."

"Your sister's too nice not to." Nightmare groaned.

"It's sad but it's true." Killer chuckled and looked down at his phone. Something moved in a corner and Nightmare looked out of the corner of his eye. The girl from before sat there, watching him and Killer. Nightmare winked at her and she looked away, blushing slightly.

"Hey Night, look!" Killer said, smiling. He pointed at Dream, who was talking to Lust.

"Great."

Error, Dust and Horror sat around in a circle watching everyone else in the room. Blue and Ink were both in the room with them doing origami or something with paper. Dust was already half asleep, Horror was ruining his messy hair and Error wasn't paying attention to anything the teacher was saying. A bit of wind blew one of the pieces of paper from Ink and Blue's desk onto Dust's face and the class laughed. Blue skipped over and pulled it off his face, an apologetic smile on her face. Dust smiled back and his friends grinned wickedly at him as Blue returned to Ink.

"I forget every year," Dust muttered, closing his eyes again.

"Forget what?" Error asked, distractedly.

"Blue's really cute." Error and Horror looked at him, then snorted. "What? I can think she's cute without liking her!" Dust protested.

"Suuure, mate," Horror said.

"Suuuure," Error joined. Dust's face was bright red.

"I don't like her!" He protested again. Error and Horror looked at each other then, at the same time, said.

"Suuuuuuure." The bell rang.

Cross moved silently through the crowds of children, biting her lip and fidgeting slightly. It wasn't that hard to figure out where everything was, the school was small. English first and another dark corner of the room to retreat to. She sat down and waited. Kids flowed into the room in groups of two or three, Cross counted them as they walked in. Two then three, then two then three, then four, then two then everyone was inside. The teacher came in after them, holding a stack of papers. He was there sitting at the desk in front of her.

"Alright let's get started," The teacher began, writing irrelevant information about what we were going to learn. "We'll be studying Shakespearian tragedies this term." A groan came from the students and Cross heard the boy in front of her chuckle. "First we'll be studying the Elizabethian era in order to understand the culture and beliefs of the time." She saw him pull out his phone and text something. Curious, she looked over his shoulder at the text.