Chapter 10

Chapter 10 - KMCF

"Do you see the box?"

Yeah, why is it in front of my house?"

"I need you to give this to Hunter, it's the suit for the groomsm-"

"Not doing it,"

"Jennifer."

"Grace, I don't want to see him."

"Jen, look it's simple, all you have to do is drive your way to his apartment, drop off the box, and you're done."

"If it's so simple why don't you do it?"

"I'm busy and so is everyone else."

"I'm sure you are. I don't understand why the box is at my condo, it should've been delivered to him instead."

"That was before I knew his address, Jen just give the box to him."

"No, like I said I'm-"

"574 Pearson Ave."

Beep.

I grabbed my car keys, hoping he won't be home when I knock on his door. Yes, I'm afraid, afraid of the way we left things. Embarrassed of the things I said and I did, I acted like an idiot freely on my own. How was I supposed to show my face to someone who has much deeper secrets.

I ended up driving twenty-three blocks away from my house, just to stare at a massive building. As if entering the building with a messy bun, a black loose mesh top and light wash jeans wasn't enough, I had to walk in carrying a very visible box.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for someone." I said to the receptionist in my nicest most possible voice.

Being the first time I've been inside an apartment building, I looked for aid from the plumb blonde with a thick coating of eyeshadow.

She hadn't bothered to look at me, but she began typing on her computer. "What's their name?" She said exposing her boredom.

"Hunter Manning."

She shot up like a rocket, "Mr. Manning?" She was finally able to look up at me, causing her excitement to disappear. "Please be serious, who exactly are you looking for?"

I raised my eyebrows, but still managed to keep smiling. "Hunter Manning."

"Look, Miss-?"

"It's Jennifer Anderson."

"Look, Miss Anderson, I see girls like you everyday with some outrageous excuse of wanting to see people in this building. But, I'll have you know that we at Dynasty Co. do not tolerate exploitation, gold diggers, or deranged fans."

I blinked a couple times before finding my balance. "Hunter knows me."

She rudely laughed after looking at me in disgust, "I'm sure he does." She snickered a bit before continuing to do her work.

Is she serious?

I stared at her in disbelief, but managed to keep myself together. "He does."

"This discussion is over, please show your way out." She pointed to the double doors as if I didn't know how to leave.

However, I didn't walk out and give up. "Hunter Manning is a friend of mine."

She groaned a bit, right after she mumbled some curse words. "Let's see what Mr. Manning has to say about that."

The receptionist started to dial numbers on the phone near her keyboard. "Good Afternoon, Mr. Manning, sorry to disturb you." A small pause. "There's a woman who claims she's acquainted with you," another small silence. "Her name is Jennifer. Jennifer Anderson."