Chapter 20

It's the twentieth chapter! I just want to thank everyone who helped make this possible. I'm an amateur and you managed to encourage me to continue even when I thought I needed to give up. So, thank you so much!

Chapter 20 - KMCF

"Say cheese!" Jennifer's mother said. She was kneeling on the ground with a camera in her hands. She watched her daughter, Jennifer, grin as wide as she could, though she was covered in grass and mud.

"Cheese!" Jennifer copied.

"Hunter,  smile." Jennifer's mother ordered. The boy stood near Jennifer with a concerned face. He eyed Jennifer once more before looking back at the photographer.

"Look at Jen." He pointed at his dirty friend who didn't seem to care. "Shouldn't she change before we take the picture?"

"She will, but after. This possesses a kind of homely atmosphere. If we remove the mud from Jenni,  we would also be removing the rustic, down to earth feeling that the scene is captur-" she stopped her talking, clearly seeing the young boy wasn't aware of the art major's dialect. "In other words, no."

He sighed and looked at Jennifer again, he smiled slightly. She smiled back, but much brighter. He then turned towards the camera. 

**End of flashback**

I placed the picture back on the table and sighed. I took a step back to savor the rest of the pictures on my shelf. Most without Hunter and some from my college days. I was ready to pick up another picture, but my phone rang loudly.

I fixed the towel around my body before answering my phone. "Hello?"

"Jen, there are people with cameras surrounding the store." Miranda exclaimed.

"Did Marcos e-"

She sighed loudly. "Yes. He told me everything. He said I shouldn't say anything to them and that I should close the store for the day." 

"You're not mad?" I asked.

"It's not like you planned for this to happen," Miranda yawned. "Let's close the store for the day. I'm pretty beat from last night anyway."

I felt a sense of relief, I wasn't really in the mood to work at all. "Okay," there was a long pause and I figured she was questioning my tone of voice. "Inform Rocxy, I'm sure she'll be jumping for joy!" I cracked a joke to convince her I was okay.

Miranda laughed and I knew her superstitions were dying down. 

"So, what are you going to do on your day off?" I put my phone on speaker and began to put on my clothes. A white crop top, a long, flared, floral skirt and my favorite type of shoes, pumps.

"I think I'm just going to go over Brandon's place, I haven't seen him in a while." She said gleefully.

"Are you sure it's not because you don't have any food in your fridge?" I laughed a little.

"Of course not, I'm not that type of person." She replied.

"Whatever you say." I said as I applied my sludge proof pink lipstick and created a nicely done wing with my eyeliner.

"What are you going to do? Watch Ozzy pick out the clothes you'll be wearing next week?" I rolled my eyes.
"No. I'm going shopping with my mother." I brushed my hair softly.

"I've got a better idea, why don't you go see Hunter?" I pondered on what she said. It wasn't a bad idea, but it wasn't an entirely good one either.