Chapter 2

(Edited)

Chapter 2 - KMCF

"Hunter?" My brain calculated and scanned.

"You know you shouldn't leave spare keys under welcome mats, Jen." He gave a sly grin and returned to watching tv.

I fluttered my eyes a couple of times before heading to my room. Releasing a big sigh, I plunged onto my bed rekindling my memories with Hunter. Hunter was my childhood friend, I hadn't seen him since I graduated from high school. He's 3 years older than me and of course he went to college first, breaking apart our friendship.

God he's good-looking.

I sat up on my bed and changed into my PJs: red hearted shorts and a white sweater with my name on it. I slid towards the mirror observing myself from head to toe, wondering if my PJs would please him. Then, I quickly scolded my thoughts for thinking so unusual.

I walked into the kitchen, that was behind the living room. "Did you eat anything?" I asked, while searching the fridge for food.

He stood up and walked towards the counter stools, sitting in one. "Not really. Are you planning on cooking for me?" he said with a smirk.

"Not anymore," I said, trying to hide my smile.

"Jen's feisty," Hunter flashed a sexy smile as I handed him a slice of chocolate cake I made yesterday.

"Only when I want to be."

I stared at him as he ate the chocolate cake, you could say I looked like a kid in a candy store. While he ate it, I stared at his features; emerald eyes, dark brown hair and a perfect jaw line. Looking at him made me feel undesired, I frowned a bit. I instantly changed my expression once I knew I was still sitting in front of him. He chuckled.

"What?"

"You change your facial expressions very quickly." Hunter said.

I stared at him dumbfounded, but immediately replied with a bit of hostility. "No, I don't."

He laughed. "You're doing it right now."

I stuck my tongue out at him as he smiled.

"Childish as ever."

I rolled my eyes, this was the start of our awkward silence.

Of course I wanted to ask him questions:

Where were you? Why are you here? Why didn't you call me? When did you get here? Why now?

I felt a little hesitant, not because I didn't want to seem desperate, but because he had that Don't-Ask-Me-Now type of look. But, to hell with it. I wanted answers. He breaks into my house, eats my cake, and he doesn't expect me to ask anything?

"Why-" In seconds, I had realized Hunter was heading towards my room. My room, a place filled with embarrassing photos and not to mention, it's my most sacred place. "Where are you going?" I asked, but he didn't answer me.

I dashed after him, trying to block him from entering my room. But, it was too late for me, he was already there before I could stop him. Hunter picked up a picture that was on top of my dresser. It was a picture of the both of us, when I was nine and he was twelve. I had a big smile on my face, though I was covered in dirt, whereas Hunter looked really concerned about me. It was one of my favorite pictures.

"I can't believe you have this," he said grinning.

"Why wouldn't I? It's a good picture," I said.

"I just thought you'd end up getting rid of anything that reminded you of me." Hunter spoke with a spark of sadness in his voice.

"You're my childhood friend, it doesn't work that way."

It was like he never seemed sad, he quickly returned to his 'happy' state. He only smiled at the picture.

He was just about to take the picture out of it's picture frame, but just then I remembered I wrote something embarrassing on the back of it. I instantly snatched the picture out of his hand and out of his reach. My arms were moving in all directions, trying to avoid Hunter from grabbing the picture. I even jumped on top of my bed and held the picture up high. He gave a simple smirk and pulled my leg towards him, causing me to fall.

I was now lying on my bed, with Hunter on top of me. I tried pushing him away, even though a part of me didn't want to. He pinned my arms above my head and in result, I ended up dropping the picture on the floor while Hunter leaned in close to my face.

He's going to kiss me.

I shut my eyes tightly and immediately felt a minty breeze on my lips. I opened my frosty blue eyes to find Hunter laughing, I furrowed my eyebrows and promptly had the strength to push him off.

"You're expressions really do change quickly," He said while laughing and cupping my face.

I shoved him away "Not funny at all. You should get going, I'm feeling tired. Unlike you I have mature things to do, like going to work tomorrow," I lead him to the door angrily.

"Long time no see, Jen," Hunter said smiling. I hesitantly smiled back and instantaneously shut the door in his face. I leaned against the door with a sigh, though I could hear him snickering.

That same night, I picked up the picture from the floor and viewed what I wrote on it from when I was younger.

When I grow up I want to be with Hunter forever!

I faced palmed myself and sat on my bed, feeling embarrassed and stupid. "Sorry, Jen, that's a difficult wish." I said talking to my nine year-old self. That same night, I was able to find my stubborn cat sleeping under the guest bed. I held him closely and tried falling asleep by replaying everything that happened today.

Why was I more surprised than angry to see him?

** **

VOTE,VOTE, VOTE! I promise you that the story will get better.