Chapter 24

Chapter 24 - KMCF

I took my chances and led off to roam through various hallways, all were magnificent, but not helpful. Nothing recalled my memory, instead they created new ones. I was cautious, I made sure I knew how to get back to where I started.

Jen, you're lost.

I was a bit scared, no one knew I was here and they probably weren't going to show up anytime soon. I maneuvered back to my original spot, I believed that Hunter had probably mixed back into the party so he wouldn't have seen me. At least, my misplacement removed the possibility of having to lay eyes on him for a while.

He talked and I didn't, I listened. Though, I wasn't going to easily fall back into his arms, just to repeat the same cycle. Maybe if it was some other woman, she'd probably try to understand and forgive quickly, in order for her to be able to keep him, a handsome rich man. Did he prefer those types of girls? Ones that were easy to catch and easy to let go? He had been with a lot of them, but never liked them nor the life lived with them. Then why me? I jumped into his arms in less than a week, wasn't I easy to grab? Why would he still stick around for me?

I sighed a couple times while I was in deep thought. This was too complicated, too complicated for me.

In a few seconds one of the twin doors opened and a tall man wearing an expensive looking, blue suit walked out. No doubt it was Hunter, his eyes immediately trapped mine.

I didn't know what to say, I mean what was I supposed to say? It looked like I was waiting for him. "I thought you left," he said.

I glanced at him for a few seconds before I averted my gaze. "Yeah."

"Yeah?" He walked closer to me and my malfunctioned heart commenced faster heartbeats. "What's wrong?"

I'm lost.

That was what I couldn't  say. Instead, I was avoiding his emerald green eyes, eyes that wouldn't look elsewhere but at me.

Was it uncomfortable? Yes. It felt like he wasn't going leave for awhile. "You're lost." He spoke finally, but also figured out my dilemma.

My head shot up in an instance, just in time to capture a small smile on his lips. I wasn't sure if it was there because he guessed the problem right or if the problem was as funny as it was childish.

"Just follow," he said. He turned on his heels, it took me a few seconds to move my feet because not only was I confirming that I was lost, but I proved that I needed him.

A few moments after I decided to accompany him, he out of nowhere stopped. I stopped too, as he turned to face me. "Only if you hold my hand." There wasn't some type of menacing smirk on his face that matched his words. In fact, he didn't really have a facial expression, just one that meant he was serious.

"Excuse me?" While I was holding a confused expression, He placed his hand in front of me.

"I'll take you back to the party, only if you hold my hand."

"Definitely not," I took a couple steps back while my eyebrows furrowed together. I must've looked at him like he was insane, I didn't know what he was planning and I didn't want to be a part of it.

He nonchalantly shrugged his shoulders and began to walk further away from me. I needed to get out of here and my only hope was disappearing from my sight.

I didn't need him, if I could try a little harder this time, I could definitely find the party. But, even encouraging myself to do so, put me down.

Just hold his hand, it won't mean a thing as long as you don't make it that way.

I headed towards Hunter's direction, what started out as walking became a bit of speed walking. I slipped my hand in his and at the same time we both gazed at each other. His green eyes got lighter and my cheeks filled themselves with red.