Chapter 11

Chapter 11 - KMCF

My eyes opened up to take hold of a glass table, my neck was paining me as I was sitting  up from a leather couch. I had no recollection of last night, nor what was going on. Instead, I set off  my morning routine ruffling my hair and wiping any drool on my face. Doing this I managed to encounter a sticky note on my forehead:

"I have things to do this morning, but you looked so adorable when you were sleeping so I decided not to wake you up. Anyways, I left you something to eat and when you leave use my spare key on the counter to lock the door.

                       -Hunter"

P.S. Last night was great ;)"

Throughout the entire note, my heart was intensely beating. I had just made out with my childhood friend until I fell asleep in his own home. Call that anything, but normal.

I tucked the note in my back pocket and headed to the kitchen. Where a stack of pancakes laid waiting for me, sitting on top of another note:

"Another note? Correct. I made you blueberry pancakes, in case you were wondering. Mind telling me if you liked them, on the back of this sticky note?

                           -Hunter"

  After, finishing the deliciously made pancakes. I washed the dishes and moved on to writing my review.

I spotted the key near the sink and headed out. I got out of the elevator and immediately I noticed I was receiving strange looks, especially from the snotty  receptionist, which I expected, but not by everyone. Then it hit me, coming out of Mr. Hunter's penthouse, with my hair and clothes ruffled; wearing the same clothes from yesterday. I looked like a whore, a complete whore.

"You've changed a bit since I last saw you." Remarked the smirking receptionist.

I wish I didn't ignore her, that I could slap her across the face without a single person watching. But, as I learned from my past experience, pain only makes people stronger. I walked out of there hoping I'd never come back and jumped into my car, heading to work. Knowing I may never come back at all, Miranda was bound to be angry.

** **

"Hi," I waved my hand awkwardly.

She glared back.

"I'm sorry."

She glanced at me for what seemed to be a millisecond, Miranda then quickly went back to folding the clearance items.

"At least, I'm here, right?"

She scoffed a little, she looked at me again. "With the same clothes you wore yesterday? Seems like you woke up from a fix."

I looked at myself directly in front of a hanging mirror. She was right.

"Did you even shower? Brush your teeth?" She spoke louder.

I opened my mouth to speak, only to be completely cut off.

"Of course not! Even with Rocxy over there, there's still so much to do! Jen, I know you're hurting, but what about the rest of us?! I called you about 20 times. Where were you?"

It took me a while to process everything Miranda had said with all the anger slurring her words and the quick hand gestures. Even in the end, I couldn't answer her questions.

"Oh! sure come in late, but you-" Miranda paused in between her sentence, for a moment she stared at me as I watched her face turn from anger to shock. "Don't tell me, you were with Hunter?"