Chapter 36

Chapter 36 - KMCF

"No, no, no. I fell asleep!" I frantically began to search for my phone right after I woke up. "You couldn't have just kept your eyes open for a few more minutes?"

Well, he offered to talk later, but you-

I shook my head, hoping my thoughts would be quiet. I knew exactly what Hunter said, but I didn't want to because we promised we'd talk last night.

Stubborn. You were being stubborn.

Yes, I admit it, I was being stubborn. I wanted to talk to him then, not later. So yeah, I was being stubborn. But, now I had to find my phone and apologize. "Hah!" I shouted in glee when I found my phone underneath my throw pillows.

I let out a very audible sigh as I fell back onto my bed. Now that I found it, I didn't know what to do. I thought it'd be best to call him and apologize, but I also thought not making a big deal about last night would help with dealing with it. At the same time, I wanted to hear his voice and slowly confirm that this whole thing was real. That I wato s dating Hunter, it's not something that just happens. In the end, I went with calling, but the moment I tried doing so, I realized my phone was dead.

"Just great," groaning loudly, I looked at the ticking clock by my side, knowing it was probably the time to start getting dressed. "Shi-" the curse hung onto the tip of my tongue when I noticed I was going to be an hour late. I darted towards my bathroom, almost tripping over my comforter and jumping over sleeping Ozzy. I made sure to take a quick shower, five minutes at the most while trying to brush my teeth as well. The quick shower didn't make up for the minutes I spent trying to find something to wear. Unexpectedly, I threw on a pair of jeans, a plain white shirt, and slipped on a pair of glimmering sandals. I grabbed my bag, keys, and my phone as I was leaving my place.

"Bye, Ozzy! I'm leaving!" I yelled on my way out.

** **

Her face said everything, it was the face she gave me whenever I wasn't on time for something. It was one of the very few things she and Grace had in common, the face that told me I could've done better. However, today's was softer, a little bit of sincerity mixed into it.

"You look like trash," said Miranda as I walked past her. Ironic enough, her words didn't match the sincerity on her face.

"I know," I dug my hand inside my bag to get out my charger.

A pause later, she said something else, "and you're late."

I sighed, "I know." It didn't take a genius to point out every obvious thing about me today, and the fact that she did just made me more frustrated than I already was; I mean having to dig into my bag to find my charger and all. "It's not my fault this time, it's yours."

"Mine?" She faked a laugh, showing the 'ridiculousness' of my accusation.

"Don't act so surprised, you kept me up all night and you messed up my living roo-" I stopped midway into my sentence when I found my charger, but noticed that it was broken. There was a thin, green wire keeping the entire thing together. I must've broken it when I stuffed it not-so gently into my bag. "Great," I sighed loudly and buried my face into my hands. "Today's just going great," I mumbled sarcastically to myself.

"Uh, what's wrong?" Miranda asked.

Slowly, my hands fell by my sides and I sighed again. I didn't want to tell Miranda because reciting my embarrassing night and unlucky morning would only make me more upset about them than I already was. "I fell asleep while I was talking to Hunter and I was planning on calling him today, but I woke up late and forgot to charge my phone and now I just found out my charger's broken. And all I want to do is---I just want to talk to him, Miranda."