01

"Well, this is awkward," the man begins drily. "But I can ex-"

"I'm calling the police." Jinyoung blurts out, warily he backs away and reaches into his pocket, taking out his mobile phone.

Ignoring the way his hands were shaking, he unlocks his phone and keys in his password without taking his eyes off the man who had a bored expression on his face.

Jinyoung notices a slight smirk forming but before he had time to react, the man charges at Jinyoung and tackles him to the ground, the chair still strapped to him.

Jinyoung's glasses fly off his face and he drops his phone, cursing loudly as he did so. The breath is knocked out of him as his back collides with his apartment floor and the man falls on top of him, squishing Jinyoung with his weight.

Jinyoung directs his death glare towards the man as he wiggles and squirms, attempting to break out from beneath the man who was now smirking with triumph as he holds Jinyoung down with his whole body.

"I said I'd explain didn't I?" The man says lowly.

Despite knowing how dangerous the situation was, considering Jinyoung was trapped under a killer, he couldn't help but start blushing furiously because damn... Were killers supposed to be that attractive?

Jinyoung stared at the empty table, coffee in hand as he stood frozen

Someone had stolen his work.

The sheet music, the thumb drive, and even his goddamn laptop. All of it, gone except his laptop bag that had fallen to the floor after being ransacked.

He was seriously going to murder the person who took his stuff, especially on the day he had to present his songs to the producers. Jinyoung had spent countless nights staying up just to complete the songs and now all of it disappeared because of his own lack of vigilance.

Curse him for choosing the most secluded spot in the cafe and leaving all his work out in the open as he went to the counter to pick up his drink.

"Fuck," Jinyoung muttered under his breath as he set down his coffee and began to frantically search his bag for anything left.

"Fuck!" Jinyoung cursed loudly when realised the thief took everything, leaving Jinyoung with his empty laptop bag. Several heads turn to stare at Jinyoung's sudden outburst but he couldn't care less as he half ran to the counter to report his missing belongings.

Soon enough, the manager had called the police on Jinyoung's behalf to report the theft. Jinyoung stood stoically next to the wall, seething, as the police started going around to collect eyewitness statements. He had counted the minutes since the discovery of the theft and he was growing more anxious as the clock ticked closer to the arranged time for Jinyoung to meet with the producers.

Jinyoung felt the blood drain from his face as he watched the producers walk into the cafe. His gut churned as he made eye contact with one of the producers who seemed confused as to why there were police officers around.

Swallowing thickly, Jinyoung detached himself from the wall and went to greet both producers.

Putting on a mask of friendliness, Jinyoung smiled amicably at both producers before attempting to explain his situation.

"So, my belongings got stolen including the songs. Currently, I can't show you anything but I still have the files in my PC at home, I'm willing to go back immediately to retrieve them if you're still interested." He rambled, not pausing to breathe until he had finished.

The male producer, Lee Jihoon, scratched the back of his neck awkwardly as he began to speak.

"Yout songs are great, but Vernon has already decided not to use your songs for his upcoming album," He said, "He liked your songs, but they just didn't fit his style y' know."

Jinyoung suppressed the urge to roll his eyes, instead, he hid his balled up fists behind his back as he pretended to nod understandingly.

"It's alright, stuff happens," Jinyoung stated in a calm tone.

Both producers exchange a look a relief before they smile reassuringly at Jinyoung, "Don't worry, we'll let you know if any opportunities come up!" Jihoon says, he gives Jinyoung an awkward thumbs up and leaves with his fellow producer.

Jinyoung watched as the both of them became figures in the distance before turning away, a glum expression on his face.

He felt defeated.

Ignoring the looks from around him, Jinyoung proceeded to pick up his now cold cup of coffee, draining it in one go as he awaited further instruction from the police officers.

AIM FOR THE HEART
CHAPTER ONE
COMPLETE