#17

Blurb: "We're not just friends and you fucking know it."

"Uh yes, Harrison, you're going to bring a date to this premiere." Tom pointing his finger at his best friend who was currently doing push ups in the gym.

"No, I'm not. I'm not dating anyone and I'm not going to ask some random girl to go to your movie premiere with me, that's stupid." Harrison tried catching his breath before giving his friend an answer.

"You just gotta grow some balls and ask (Y/N), I bet she'd be happy to go with you." Tom grinned, knowing how much his best friend was crushing on you.

The three of you had been friends for a few years now and Harrison was hiding his crush on you for at least two years now and he wasn't planning on telling you about his feelings. Tom knew that had developed feelings over the past few months and that you were just just as much in love with the blonde boy as he was in love with you, but Tom had promised both of you to not say anything. It was challenging at times, but he was being a good friend and kept a secret for once in his life.

"Can you shut up? I'm not going to ask (Y/N). Besides, won't she be there any way? Both of us always get invited?" The blonde boy shook his head as he got up from the floor to grab his water bottle.

"Looks like (Y/N)'s not going to get an invite this time then."

"Tom, I swear..."

"No Harrison, you really have to ask her if you want her at the premiere this time." Tom smirked, incredibly proud of himself for putting Harrison in that position, "Or you could tell her that she's not invited this time because you forgot to put her on the guest list."

"You're an asshole. Are you really going to make me ask her to be my date for the premiere?" Harrison groaned, knowing the answer already.

"Yes, Harrison. I do this because I am your best friend and you need to make your fucking move."

"What if I just ask her to come with me and take the second ticket I get?"

"You don't want to know what's going to happen then." Tom smiled as Harrison raised his eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

"Guess you'll find out if you don't ask her to be your plus one. Plus one as not in best friends plus one. I have a plan and I feel like you better make your move before I make that move for you, because you're not going to like my way of doing it." Tom grinned before putting in his earphones so he wouldn't hear Harrison's protests.

A few days later Harrison and you were chilling on the boy's couch. He knew he still had to make his move before Tom's plan was called into action. The boy knew his best friend and he knew that he wasn't going to like Tom's methods of telling you how much Harrison liked you, but he was scared shitless about telling you about his feelings.

"Uhm, (Y/N)? C-Can I ask you something?" The boy started, making you draw away your attention from the TV screen.

"Sure, what's up?"

"Uhm, so, I-I..." To say he was nervous was an understatement. He had no idea how to ask you to be his plus one and he sure as hell didn't know how you would react and you felt about him, "Uhm, yeah so, basically, Tom forgot to put you on the guest list for the premiere, so you need to take my second ticket to go, if that's fine with you."

He couldn't do it, but he also knew that in that moment, he left the fate of how your relationship would evolve, in Tom's hands and that scared him even more.

"Yeah, I don't mind going with you. It's not like we wouldn't have gone together anyway." You smiled at the boy next to you.

"Awesome." Harrison smiled back at you. He knew you would've gone together anyway, but it felt different for him because you we're somehow going as his plus one.

It was the evening of the premiere when Harrison's phone rang.

"What do you want? Don't you have to get ready?" Harrison groaned when he saw that it was Tom who was calling. He had just finished putting on his bowtie and was about to go and pick you up.

"Is (Y/N) going as your girlfriend, date or worse, friend?"

"I-I uhm, date?" Harrison tried lying, but failed horribly in doing so.

"Liar. You came up with an excuse for her to go with you didn't you?" He laughed.

"I couldn't tell her, mate."

"I'll tell her for you, don't worry." Tom laughed before the line went silent.

"Fuck you, Tom." Harrison groaned.

Unlocking your front door to which he had a key, he shouted a quick hello before settling down on your couch. It wasn't unusual for the two of you to just show up at each other's places so you finished getting ready before greeting the blonde boy in your living room.

"Hey, handsome." You laughed when you saw Harrison stand up to greet you.

"H-Hey, uhm wow, you look great." The boy smiled before pulling you in a hug. He had seen you in a dress plenty of times, but this time it felt different. Because you were going as his date - or that's what he wished you were going as.

"You don't look to bad yourself." You smiled before fixing the boy's bowtie, "Ready to go?"

"Yeah, no... wait, uhm.." Harrison started, knowing that he had to tell you the truth before Tom was probably going to embarrass him in front of hundreds of people, "Look, you going as my plus one wasn't really a mistake from Tom, well yeah it kind of was, but it's not because he forgot to get you tickets, it's just... uhm, Tom knows how I feel about you and - and he made me ask you to go with me as ... as my date and I kind of chickened out and told you that excuse so you would go with me."

Harrison hadn't looked anywhere but the floor for that whole speech so he couldn't see the smile that was spreading across your face. He only lifted his head when he heard you let you a giggle.

"Tom told me already." You laughed as you saw the light blush on the boy's face.

"He - fucking asshole." Harrison groaned, "So, you're fine with going as more than just friends?" He smiled as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"We're not just friends and you fucking know it." You laughed before placing a soft kiss on the boy's lips, catching him off guard.

"Does this mean you're going as my girlfriend?" He grinned as he pulled you closer, closing the gap between you again.