unexpected savior

"What?! Who did this?! And Why?!" Were three of many of Maria's questions. "Who had the audacity to hurt you like that?!"

"I don't know Maria!" Shadow sobbed truthfully. "Every time he'd come in he wore a mask or put a blindfold over my eyes so I wouldn't see him!"

"That's horrible!" Maria yelled, she was both worried for him and angry. Why would anyone do that? Her brother didn't deserve to be hurt like this! To have his innocence taken away in such a disgusting and shameful way, it really broke the hedgehog. "How long has this been going on?!"

"I-I don't know," Shadow truthfully said, after that happened he began to lose track of time. "From w-what this freak has told me, he's been stalking me for years! He hasn't really hurt me until months ago."

"Wait, wait... He was your stalker!? And you didn't tell me that someone was watching us?!"

"N-no, he said if i told someone he'd kill you and m-my friends."

"That fucking bastard!" Maria angerly screamed, the girl never swore only in circumstances where she was horribly mad. And in this instance she was furious! "We gotta tell the cops about this!" Maria said getting up to get her phone but Shadow hugged her arm like a spoiled kid.

"N-no!" He yelled. "We can't t-tell anyone he'll kill you!"

"Shadow... Hey..." Maria turned his chin to look at her with those tearfulled eyes of his. She smiled at him in an effort to try and calm him. "He won't kill me, he only said that in a way to get you to shut up. I've seen these things happen on TV."

"This isn't TV Maria, this is real life! He'll kill us i promise you!" Shadow whisper yelled. "He's probably watching us right now.."

Maria sighed, her brother was horribly traumatised, what did he do to deserve this? "Okay fine.." Maria said. "I won't tell.." That was a lie, how could she not?! She couldn't bare another second of watching her brother suffering in despair. "Let's treat your wounds though, those cuts could get infected."

"Okay." Shadow let his sister grab her wrist but he winced and after Maria relized her mistake, she led him to the bathroom by his back instead wrapping her arm around him.

...
..
.

"911 what's your emergency?" A dark male voice on the other end said.

"Hi, my brother is going through some rough shit. He was raped." Maria spoke into her phone.

"Oh dear, do you do have any information about his rapist?"

"I'm not sure actually, apparently he was stalked and then he broke in and abused him."

"Hmm.. That's not enough miss, we're going to need to speak with him in person, I'm sure he has more information for us."

"Alright, that sounds good." Maria said with a sigh of relief. Her brother was getting help and that sicko was going down.

"Can we have him on the line please?" The receiver asked.

"Actually no, he's asleep, I waited for him to be out so I could call you guys."

"Oh, Why so?" 

"He didn't want me to report." Maria sighed. "He was told not to or else his loved ones could be killed."

The reciever then started to darkly chuckle making a shiver run down Maria's back, she checked her phone to make sure she had the right one. She was correct, how could anyone mess up calling the police anyway? Three simple numbers is all it took.

"What's so funny?" Maria asked confused.

"You poor insignificant girl, you should have listened." Then he hung up.

Maria was left confused, what was that? She shook her head suppressing it as a mistake, she's heard of people prankcalling the police but never police prankcalling people (in a way?) Why would they do that?! This was serious. She began to call the cops once more but the noise of her living room window shattering made her jump and drop her phone.

Oh no.
...
..