innocent boy

...

The rest of the school day was a drag for the ebony hedgehog. He snored through Geometry, joked around in lunch, wrote a paper in English, and worked on his project in Biology. Shadows last period was culinary and he was just glad after this he'd get to go home and hang out with Maria, she promised they'd watch The Office together and he was looking forward to spending time with his sister. after saying goodbye to his biology teacher Ms. Vanilla, he headed out and noticed the hallways were empty, probably because it was two minutes before the bell rung.

Shadow sped walked through the halls but when passing the boys bathroom he heard the noises of crying followed by laughter. He stopped in his tracks and looked at the door, it sounded like someone was in pain. Should he intervene?

"Ha, that's right cry you little faggot." a voice said from behind the door as the cries only got progressively worse. Shadow heard the laughter get louder and he could only assume that some serious tormenting was going on. His instincts kicked in and he slammed the door open to see a golden hedgehog laughing as he kicked a miserable blue hedgehog repeatedly in his stomach on the ground.

"Hey, leave him alone Fleetway!" Shadow yelled at the bully, all the other did was let out another disgusting laugh before kicking sonic in the stomach once more making him sob.

"What're you gonna do about it, fucker?" He sneered.

Shadow grit his teeth showing off his fangs, he shut the door and walked right up to him. "Oh i'll fuckin show you what i'll do." He brought his fist up and punched Fleetway right in the stomach making him fall backwards. Fleetway glared at him. Shadow glared back.

The two fought it out bruising each other pretty badly in the process until the principle came in and put a stop to it.

...

Principal Robotnik took the three boys to the nurse, gave fleetway a suspension and shadow a detention.

Fleetway was sent home never to return again, well for three weeks at least.

Sonic and Shadow sat in the nurse's office holding ice packs on their badly bruised eyes. As the principal spoke with the nurse outside the door, Shadow took notice of the boy next to him. He never noticed his emerald green eyes, his long skinny legs, or the shiny red shoes he always wore.

"Why was he hurting you anyways?" Shadow asked, he's never heard him speak. Sometimes he wondered if he even talked at all.

Sonic cocked his head to look at Shadow his eyes filled with such innocence. 'This poor kid, he couldn't hurt a fly' Shadow thought.

"O-oh people a-are always h-hurting me for being... W-weird?" He stuttered in such a hushed tone, Shadow had to get real close just to hear him.

"Ah i see. You don't seem any different to me though." Shadow commented. "You seem... Average."

"I-i'm not. T-trust me." The blue boy whispered. "M-my speech impediment m-makes me stutter a lot and talk s-silently. T-that's wh-why i get b-bullied." He sighed and looked at his hands that were placed on his lap and Shadow felt himself sympathizing for him. He seemed so nice.

Shadow put a hand on Sonic's shoulder making him look into his red eyes "You don't deserve this. from what i can tell you need somebody, hows about we get to know each other?"

"T-that would be a-an honor." Sonic said, his peach lips forming a smile.

"Great. I'm Shadow by the way." The ebony hedgehog said and stuck the hand on his shoulder out to greet him.

Sonic gladly shook his hand. "O-oh, i already know."