Regret

We were once a happy married couple. We've been married for six years. That was the most happiest moment in my life when you proposed to me and take me to be part in your life. We adopted a cute baby girl after we got married. You named her with my Korean name. We were always living in a harmony life when some people can't do it because usually some of them got married with someone were not meant for them. You were the best thing in my life.

I tried my best to be a good wife for you. I learned how to cook just for you and our baby girl. I learned that you really love spicy food so i asked your mother to teach me. I thanked her for being patience with me.

One fine day, you came home from work then you slapped me. What did i do? You shouted at me that we shouldn't get married at the first place. Why are you suddenly became like this? You mocked my poor life cause you feel ashamed to have me as your wife. Yes! I know i was born into a poor family. My family can't afford to bought me an expensive things like your family did to you. I dropped out from school because my family didn't have enough money to send me to school and college like you.

You said to me that you regretted proposing to me and you wanted a divorce. How could you do this to me? You left me and got inside our room. I was standing alone there outside our room. I was silently cried my heart out.

Lately i've been forgetting a lot of things. Sometimes i didn't remember how to cook your favorite dishes. Sometimes i forgot to change our baby diapers and i will let her cry all day without feeding her milk. When you got home you suddenly slapped me because of what i did to our baby girl. Sometimes i would sat in the backyards with no clothes to covered my naked body. You came home and yelled at me. You used your jacket to cover my cold body. What's wrong with me? I asked my mother to bring me to a doctor. I was shocked when the doctor said that i was diagnosed with Alzheimer.

Back at home after tucking our baby to sleep, i sat on the couch in our room staring at nothing. I was wondering if i will forget about you, our baby girl and our family soon. Suddenly i heard a sound of car stopping. I took a peek from the big window and i saw you with another girl kissing. My heart was torn into pieces. Is this the reason why you feel regret married with me? Because you met someone else. Someone better than me. Is this why god challenge me with this illness? It mean that we were not meant to be, right?

I waited for you to come home because i need to give this important form to you. I saw you walked inside to my direction then you place yourself beside me. You smell nice today with someone else scent. I saw you smiling a lot today. I wasn't hesitated to give you the envelope and i could tell you were looking at me confusedly. This was what you wanted so i grant it for you. I didn't even bother to look at you. You reach for my hands to hold it but i was quick in retreated my hands back.

"I already sign the paper" said me without looking at her.

"I'm sorry baby" she tried to pull me into a hug.

"Set me free and i want my baby to live with me. I only got her now" I said with a weak tone.

"I.."

"Please do what i say?" i was too broken inside but i tried to be strong in front of her.

You signed the paper and give it back to me. You were looking at me with a guilty looked but i don't care anymore. You can be with whoever you want but no one can touch our baby girl or perhaps my baby now.

Let it be the last time to feel you. I hold your face then pressing my lips on yours. I feel you kissed me back while holding my waist pulling me closer to you. A tears finally escaped from my eyes. I love you so much but i know your heart was not mine anymore. I pulled away from the kiss then ran to our baby girl's room.

Picking up my sleeping baby then i walked outside only to find you was standing in front of me. I kissed your cheek for the last time then walk out from the house without turning to look at you back.

One year later, the doctor said that my illness became worse. Nothing could help me anymore. I stopped working at my best friend's cafe as a waitress cause i tend to forgot what were the customers ordered. My parents help me a lot in raising my baby. Because of my illness, i asked my parents to give my baby to you. I know my life were not that longer anymore. I know this illness will bring me to death.

"Mom, please tell my baby that i really love her and please tell my ex wife to take good care of our baby girl.." i said with a weak tone.

"I will honey" my mother kissed my forehead with my father watching us.

"I love you both. Thank you for everything.." that's the last thing i said before i reached my final breath.

Present

Kim Sooyeon stood in front of her mother's grave with a tears running down to her beautiful face. She was crying so hard after reading her mother's diary book. Her grandmother decided to give her the book when her age turned 19 years old.

"I love you too, mommy.." said Sooyeon.

She know her other mother, Jennie Kim were feeling regret after what she had done to mommy Jessica. But she won't blame her because it was already in the past. Her grandmother didn't taught her to hate someone. She will still love her mother no matter what.

END