Fortune

Malon POV:
          Leaving Link behind, I walked to the doctors office. I stood before the door, hesitant to knock. I wanted to know if I was pregnant but then I thought:
          What if Nabooru was just playing with me? After all, she did have a cunning smirk. She probably just heard me and Link the other night. In plus-how would she know? I would know before her and I only threw up once because the food I ate. The only working evidence is that we've had sex, and my cycle hasn't come yet."
       Turning my back on the door, I started heading back to the Inn.
         "Excuse me young Lady?" Someone called from behind me.
I stopped walking and looked around before noticing an elder woman with silver hair  watching me.
           "Yes?" I asked kindly.
             "Would you like a tarot reading?"
              "Ummm-sure, why not?"
              "Follow me," she said leading me under a stoop and into her home.
              "For some reason I felt a strong attraction to you," she said sitting down at her kitchen table, "I hope you don't mind me asking you."
            "I don't," I said closing the door behind me and taking a seat.
            The woman began to shuffle through a deck of cards and told me to pick five. I was only able to see their back covers, but I guess I was suppose to.
              I laid the cards I picked in front of her, as she put the other cards back in a bunch on the table. She took a moment to analyze my cards then said:
           "Hm."
              "What is your name?" She asked.
                "Malon."
                  "Malon, you are in the most prosperous time of your life right now. You live in abundance and will continue to. This card here tells me that you are soon to start a family, but wait....do you have a partner?"
                   "Yes."
                     "I see-it seems that they do not share the same fate as you."
                     "Is it a bad thing?"
                       "That I can not say, but from the next card I would guess it has something to do with violence."
                I looked at the card she was eyeballing and saw that it had seven swords, after one with a man with one sword. I suddenly began to feel frightened. Not by the woman-but by her predictions of Link. I really love him and want him to be happy, but her telling me this made me disapprove of his new job even more.
               "Thank you."
I hastily got up to leave-handing her a purple rupee on my way out.
           When I left, the street lamps were being lit and children were being called inside for dinner. When I got back to our room it was pitch black, with only a glimmer of light coming from the bottom of the bathroom door.
             "Malon?" I heard Link call through the door.
              "I'm here," I replied, heading to the bathroom where I found Link relaxing in a warm tub.
             "Hello," I said giving him a kiss.
               "Mmm," he hummed while kissing me back.
              "I got a tarot reading," I said placing my hand on top of his as I sat on the floor. He opened his eyes to look at me in wonder, and a smile formed on his face.
              "Was it good?"
                "Y-yeah," I said tilting my head to the side.
                "You don't sound so sure..."
                  "That's because you could never be sure," I teased.
He chuckled at this then rested his head on the tub. I tried to laugh too-but I thought about what the Lady said about Link, and couldn't.
             "Well-I'll wait for you," I said getting up to go back into the bedroom.
         I changed my clothes, a few pieces of fruit, and laid down.
         Link slid in bed behind me smelling of peppermint, wrapping his arms around me as he kissed my shoulder.
               "Goodnight Malon," he muffled into my hair.
                "Goodnight Link."