Mabel Village

Malon POV:
Three months into dating, I moved into Link's house and it became our house. It was very solitary in Kakori forest, and often me and Link would talk about having more people there -and starting a small village.
   There was plenty of space, grass, trees; and the soil was rich. It would have been a good place to raise a couple of goats and grow fruits and vegetables.
On top of that- the forest was a good place for others to raise their families. As of right now people only had Kakoriko village and Castle town to choose from.

In an effort to get things started me and Link presented the idea to the Royal Council. We spoke of the benefits of the land in the forest, and how the new town could make their money off of raising goats and growing food, specifically pumpkins. kind of like how Kakariko makes their money off of businesses.
After our statement, the Royal Council said they would put it up for debate and get back to us.
Me and Link walked out of the Castle feeling accomplished.
The people in Kakariko rooted for the new town along with us. Especially the families living there.
The soil wasn't stable enough to grow food or raise large animals, and the village was starting to get crowded between tourists and residents of Hyrule. There was also people who just wanted to get out of the village, in favor of a quieter setting.
As our horses walked us home, we talked about our ideas.

    "Why goats instead of cows?" Link changed the topic.
"Because we live in the forest. The soil is rich, meaning it mainly grows bushes, weeds, leaves, and grass; Goats attract to that. Where as cows just attract to the grass. The cows would only eat the grass and hay we give them, but it won't be enough to foster them healthly. Meanwhile goats have the benefit of keeping the farm land healthy-because they would eat everything; like weeds which aren't good for farming. Not to mention, I also heard goat milk is better than cow milk."
"Wow...," He said looking at me in amusement.
"look at my smart woman!" he announced to the empty field. "Goats it is!"
      The news of our town proposal spread around Hyrule, as me and Link waited restlessly for a letter from the Royal Family.
  Three days past-and it didn't come so we gave up on the idea. Two weeks later while I was kneeding dough-and Link was building a bathroom, someone knocked at the door. I walked over to the door and opened it, finding a messenger out of breath.
      "Are you ok?" I asked, ready to hand him a cup of water.
      "Yeah, I just ran all the way here that's all."
    I gave him a cup of water and he drank it- then handed me back a letter with the cup.
      "Alright, well see ya," he said running off again.
      I closed the door behind me and put the cup down on the table. I looked at the seal on the letter and seen that it was the Royal Family's. I called Link's name as I skimmed over the letter.
      "Dear Link and Malon,
       We brought your proposal to the Royal Family, and decided it would be a great idea to create another residential.  Therefore we have granted 15,000 rupees in the making of the town, and hired workers for its construction. In honor of your idea we want the both of you to name the new town. The constitution will begin tomorrow, congratulations.
                                        - The Royal Council"
By the time Link walked in I was screaming:
"AHHHH-we got the town! We got the town!"
   He joined me in my victory yelling, and drew me into a bear hug. Afterwards, we sat down on the couch and debated town names all afternoon.
///////////////////////////////////////////
Link POV:
        After some serious debating we decided to name the town "Mabel Village."
Malon sat back in amazement, smiling cheek to cheek. I sat there admiring her for a moment before I got up the go to the loft. In the chest by the bed I pulled out a marriage contract I had achieved from the church in castle town, an ink pen, and two rings I had made out of entwined vines , and put them in a brown pouch.
Before knowing rather or not the council would approve the village, I made my mind that I was to marry Malon. Although she didn't seem to be bothered by it, I did not want people to secretly shame her for not being married yet, and wanted her to be respected as my wife. Before Malon moved in, I went to castle town alone to look for a way for us to have a quick by valid marriage. I made arrangements with the priest to meet me at the pond that night to officiate our marriage. I was going  to take Malon out to a pond in the lost woods. She had only known about the one near the waterfall. I pack two towels into the pouch swinging it over my shoulder.
"Malon!"
"Yeah?!"
"Get your boots on, I'm taking you somewhere."
   The moon was in crescent, and the owls and crickets spoke as we walked through the woods. I held Malon's hand as she questioned where we were going the whole time. When we were right before the entrance I covered her eyes with my hands.
     "Link?! Where are we going?" She giggled.
    "Here," I said smiling as her mouth dropped on the release of my hands.