Jake?

{Robin's POV}

"Marian," I try to say, but she knows me too well. She knows I am trying to stall.

"Answer the question. Do you love her?"

"If I loved her would I be here with you?"

"I'm your wife of course you are here!" she exclaimed. By now I know she really wants an answer, but I can't give it to her. My mind is at a loss for words.

"Exactly! You're my wife! There's something here called a divorce that basically means once we sign it, we wouldn't be married anymore. I am here for you. I am here with you," I said trying to convince her there wasn't much of an argument to make here.

"Robin, I saw the way the Evil Queen reacted when you saw me. She was utterly heartbroken to say the least. And I'm not an idiot. I know you went after her when she left. I just need to know."

I cringed the moment she said Evil Queen. The Regina I know is most certainly not evil. "Regina was the arrow to a bow. She helped me when I needed it and I did the same. She was heading into self destruct, but I was able to stop that. I was in danger many times, as well as the men, but she was always there to protect us. She was always there to protect people when they needed it the most. Regardless of our previous encounters with her, she has proven she has truly changed."

"I think that answers my question," she says with her eyes slowly looking down in disappointment.

"How does that answer your question?" I say in bewilderment.

"Did you not hear yourself? You speak in admiration when the topic is her. Excuse me for knowing my husband."

"That's just it Marian, you haven't been around for more than 20 years! You don't know me anymore! I've changed. The whole world has changed!"

"And the Evil Queen does," Marian say. The think is she didn't say it as a question, but a statement.

"Marian will you please just listen to me?" I ask pleading that she will drop the subject.

"I have been listening Robin! That's all I've been doing since I came back from the dead!" she exclaims making air quotes emphasizing dead.

"Then you must be misunderstanding because you clearly aren't listening! Please Marian, Regina isn't the same person we knew back in the Enchanted Forest. She's good."

"Good? Would good terrorize all those villages? Would good kill hundreds of innocent people? Would good place false charges against an innocent person all for revenge?"

"That was all in the past! Right here, right now she would take it all back if she could. She's good. If you would just meet her," I try to say but get cut off.

"Meet her? Robin I know enough."

"No you don't Marian. You haven't even been back an entire day! Please Marian," I say begging, pleading that she would drop the subject. I don't want Marian to keep thinking of Regina this way. She truly is good.

"Fine. Promise she won't tear my heart out?"

I smile at not the remark, but the fact that Marian is open to meeting her. This is the very least that I can do for her.

I pull Marian in and kiss her forehead. "Why don't you go get Roland and we can show you our new home."

She nods in agreement and leaves to go to the diner.

Sighing in relief, I turn to face the street. I see a familiar face walking down the street.

"Jake?" I say.