Maybe it's Time to Change

{Regina's POV}

What do I do? I can't seem to get a happy ending, even when I'm good. Maybe it's time to change. Forget the past and forget the future, it's time to change the present. It's time to change me. While in though I hear a knock on the door and I walk over. I'm surprised by who I see at the door.

"Mom!" he says with a look of relief. Before I can process the fact that Henry is here he hugs me. Gosh...sometimes I forget that he is no longer ten years old. He is basically taller than me!

When he lets go I grab his shoulders, look at him in the eyes, and ask "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you. I was worried when I saw you leave," he explains.

"Henry...you really shouldn't be here," I say.

"But you are my mom. You have always been there for me. You have CHANGED for me. You have done everything for me so why can't I do something for you?" he says. Three years ago he would have insisted that I am the Evil Queen and never change, but I have and so has he.

"Henry it's dangerous for you to be here," I try to explain to no avail.

"No it's not. You're my mom. You have done everything you can to protect me. You're not going to stop now," he explains.

As he is talking, a tear rolls down my cheek. During all of this I have forgotten my real true love, Henry. He is the reason I keep going on. I kiss his forehead and say, "Thank you."

He smiles and turns around to leave. After four steps he stops, slightly turns his head and says, "Pixie dust never lies." After that he walks away.

I smile as he walks away. Pixie dust never lies. Maybe it doesn't lie, but I'm pretty sure it didn't have a rule for wives coming back from the past. I close the door. I stand for a moment think back to a time when I was afraid.
As I think about all those times, there is always one link between all of them, love. I know what I need to do. I need to go to my vault. Since walking would attract attention, I use a little something called magic. In and out without anyone seeing me. Perfect. The ingredients that I need are exactly where I need them to be. It's time for me to stop suffering.

"Robin, I lied. I do have feelings for you. Those feeling are so strong that I need to do this. Seeing you everyday hurts too much. The worse part is knowing you chose your wife over me, whether you know it or not," I say as I mix the ingredients together.

With tears rolling down my cheek I continue to say, "That is why I'm doing this. I will no longer feel like my heart is splitting in two when I see you. I will no longer want to become the Evil Queen again and kill everyone and everything that has destroyed my happiness."

I raise up the vial of potion that I have created, wiping the tears off my face, and finish with, "I'm sorry. Goodbye Robin," I say closing my eyes and drinking the potion.

All the memories of Robin flash before my eyes until the very first meeting. Then...there are no memories of Robin Hood. No feelings.

___________________________

{Robin's POV}

"Robin you can't tell me this was just a thing," Marian says. It has barely been five minutes since Henry left and Marian has started to ask me about Regina again.

"Marian I don't know what to tell you anymore. I have been nothing, but one hundred percent honest with you. Yet, you still don't believe me when I tell you the truth," I say. Regina never had any feelings for me, why fight over nothing.

"While that little boy was talking about her," Marian manages to say with disgust, "You didn't stop him at all."

"Marian...," I say but know there is no way I can convince her.

"No just stop," she demanded. I knew it was coming. I knew she had wanted to ask me since she heard and I can't help but feel a little nervous.

"Robin," she says, "Do you love her?"