New Day, Same Situation

{Regina's POV}

I look over my shoulders to make sure no one's watching me. I lied to Henry about working on a cure for the frozen heart. Do I feel awful? Of course. But something didn't feel right about that ice cream shop.

It's already night so not many people are out on the streets. I wouldn't expect many people to be out at one in the morning with a looming threat always being present. After dropping off Henry, I headed back to my office. I searched and searched but couldn't find anything about that shop or the woman running the shop. What was it her name tag said? Isabel? Indira? Something with and I is all I can remember.

I pull out my keys and search for the one for the sheriff's office. Finding it, I insert it in the keyhole, twist it, and open the door. With this old security system, even a thief could get into these buildings. I enter the building and carefully close the door behind me, making sure not to make too much noise in case there's a prisoner here. I pull out my phone and turn the flashlight on so I can find the public records of the businesses here. You'd think they would be in my office, but Emma insisted on keeping them here for extra security.

Each box is labeled according to its location. The ice cream shop was located on 30th street so I pull out that box. Holding my phone in my left hand, I search through the files with my right hand. After a good ten minutes and going through the files twice, I don't find any record of the ice cream shop.

"That's strange," I whisper to myself.

Out of habit, I look over both shoulders, put the lid back on the box, and place the box back in its place. I make sure everything is where it was like before I came, then head for the exit to get some sleep.

I decide to walk home to get some fresh air and think. On my way home I couldn't help but still think about the woman from the ice cream shop. There was this weird feeling when I talked to her. The whole shop felt out of place. I want to say I have no memory of the place, but my brain doesn't want to. It's a weird  feeling that I can't explain. The fact that there were no records of the shop only make my suspicions grow.

It's times like this I wonder about what life is like outside of this town. Not Enchanted forest life but another city in this land. Not having to worry about what new threat is looming near. Not having to worry about family members wanting me dead rather than alive. Overall, a normal life. Given, magic has been part of my life since the beginning, anything else would be anything but normal. Not to mention Henry. He wouldn't dare run away from a fight.

I finally arrive to my house. I put a protection spell over it to prevent any unwanted break ins. I wave my hand  over the fence gate to disable the spell for a moment. I undo the latch of the gate, open it, enter, and lock it back up. It's not until I go inside that I put the protection spell back up. I head upstairs to finally sleep.

Waking up to a ringing phone, I instantly regret the day technology was created. Squinting like a blind person, I check to caller ID. It's Henry so I decide not to ignore it and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Good morning to you too. Rough night?"  I hear on the other end and realize it's Mary Margaret.

"Is this a new method to get me to talk?" I ask with sleep heavily in my voice.

"Well when you refuse to answer any of our calls, we need to get creative," Mary Margaret replies.

"If it makes you feel any better I wasn't ignoring your calls, I was asleep and must've not heard the phone," I say finally throwing the covers off my body and sit up.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to have breakfast with us at Granny's. I realized we could all use a hint of normal in our lives," Mary Margaret says. In the background, I hear baby Neal crying.