Chapter 12: Back At Home Pt. 1 Scarlette's POV (Pic of Scar)

Start from the beginning

“Bye now and take care.”

I waved back and started heading towards the car. “Would it have killed you to be nice?”

“Actually, yes.”

 “Whatever. Hey bro, do you think mom will be ok?”

 “Of course she will. It’s mom. She always bounces back from everything.”

 “Yeah I know but it seems she’s getting worse. I mean have you seen her lately?”

  “Hey don’t look at it like that ok. All we can do now is hope and pray for the best right now. Alright?”

Still feeling a little uneasy I hugged my knees tightly and buried my head in them. Ugh, this sucks. Why does life have to be so complicated? I can’t even start to imagine what my life would be like without my mom. She’s the one who’s been there my entire life and basically thought me everything I know. My mom is my hero for countless reasons. I mean sure we argue a lot but she’s still my mom and who doesn’t argue with their mom. By the time I looked up from my knees we were at the hospital already. When I was getting out of the car I noticed that my big bro was crying.

“J’Quan, what’s wrong?”

“What if you’re right and mom doesn’t bounce back this time? What if she doesn’t pull through?”

“Well like you said all we can do is hope and pray. She’ll be ok.”

“You know what it’s whatever. Let’s go,” he said wiping away his tears.

Ok so maybe, just maybe bringing up the topic of our mom’s condition worsening to a Momma’s Boy wasn’t the best thing to do. Oh well that’s a problem for another day. I grabbed the flowers and jumped out of the car. When we reached to our mom’s room I saw J’Quan hesitated for a moment. I put my hand on his shoulder to let him know everything will be ok. See why I think I’m older.

“It’s going to be ok. We are going to walk into this room and pretend like she’s just getting a regular checkup.” He just nodded his head in response.

“Hi mommy these are for you,” I said happily.

“Awe baby, you guys shouldn’t have.”

“Well we didn’t. They’re from Ms. George and she said hi and that she’s praying for you,” J’Quan said as though he wanted he wanted to burst our mother’s bubble. Well it’s her fault she knows she got some cheap kids, she shouldn’t get her hopes up.

“Well, be sure to tell her thank you. And you know it wouldn’t kill you two to get you mom some flowers you know. I swear you guys are just like your father did I tell you he went all expensive for our first date and then took me Wendy’s for our second one. Using the recession as an excuse.”

This caused me and J’Quan to burst into laughter. Ok we knew our dad was stingy when it came to money but we didn’t know that he was that cheap. When I was finally able to stop laughing I told my mom, “First of all, when you thought it was us that got you the flowers you said that we shouldn’t have and as a matter of fact we are in a recession right now. Second of all daddy told us for your second date he took you out to a Japanese themed restaurant.” It was my mom’s turn to laugh. It took a while for her to stop.

“Ok, first of all I have to say touché my daughter. And second of all I didn’t know that Wendy’s sold Japanese food.” She started to laugh again after the last sentence. “So what’s been going on with you two lately,” my asked when the laughter cleared from her voice.

“Eh, nothing much,” I said.

“Yeah everything is pretty much the same as usual,” J’Quan added.